[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good evening /g/ I live in a nice flat, 3 rooms, 100~m2 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Good evening /g/

I live in a nice flat, 3 rooms, 100~m2 and I need a good Wireless network card for my desktop don't mind if is internal or external. Router is in the living room and my bedroom es just in the other extreme of the flat.

The thing is, signal is fucking shit in my bedroom and pretty ok in the rest of the house. We're upgrading to fiber tomorrow and I need more than the 11Mbps that I got with my current one.

Help would be great :) also share your WiFi setup stories and problems if you want. I hate WiFi a lot but cable sadly is not an option here.
>>
>>54449945
http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/wireless-network-card/#sort=a6&page=1&i=4,35
>>
>>54449945
people always say ethernet isn't an option, but what they mean is "I'd rather have shitty internet than a cable running along the baseboard between rooms"
>>
>>54450021
I'm not the only one living here, and cant do it because the room distribution make it difficult as fuck to hidden a cable.

Trust me I fucking hate wifi.
>>
>>54450293
so don't hide the cable. if you're the only one living there, whats the problem?

also try switching radio channels in your router before you buy anything. The RF spectrum is a motherfucking mess. Remember that the thing the antenna is pointing at is a dead zone.
>>
maki
>>
>>54450387

a
>>
Do your own research you useless cunt.
>>
>>54450486
tomato
>>
>>54450293
POWERLINE ADAPTORS

google them
now
>>
Just pick a wifi extender, or some omni wifi antenna with 1337 dbi.
>>
>>54450716
>POWERLINE ADAPTORS
This. Internet through the power cables is pretty cool. Thats what i have, provides ethernet in every room.
>>
>>54449945
: )

>share your wifi setup stories
okay, i kek'd

so
do you want "only" speed, or reliability as well? Do you intend to stream image through your local network and you have to make sure it'll be running at constant speed? Because hitting over 11mbps is possible even with cheapest decent wifi n router and maybe wlan card with proper antenna.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/wsr/117109
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.