[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USB-C Headphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
What does /g/ think about the 3.5 mm jack being phased out?

Does anyone have a phone with a USB-C connector?

I honestly have mixed feelings for it because, its the last analog interface still in use (not that it really matters), but USB-C headphones should provide better quality, not just because you're not reliant on the built in DAC anymore but because you can draw more power for a better AMP, or have a battery powered AMP to save on phone battery usage. I just hope they make phones with more than 1 USB-C port so I can charge and listen to music at the same time.
>>
USB C audio is analog
>>
>>54449651
It's stupid shit. Either the USB-C will be used as an analog transport for the music
_OR_
The headphones themselves will need to have an audio chip of their own, not just be speakers-mounted-to-head as they are right now.

Either way, it's the dumbest idea anyone's ever had. Audio jacks are simple and efficient. Let's keep it that way.
>>
>>54449703
It can be, but >>54449714 explains it well
>>
>>54449714
I feel like people's feelings will change over time as more USB-C headphones become available and more phones start removing their 3.5mm jack.

Its a chicken before the egg thing.
>>
>>54449758
>I feel like people's feelings will change over time as more USB-C headphones become available and more phones start removing their 3.5mm jack.

Dude. 3.5mm is the universal standard, why would you fuck with something that has been standardized across all industries and all devices just so marketers can boast how they have a phone that's a millimeter or two thinner.

It's retarded. I seriously hope people see that.
>>
>>54449793
People are retarded, and the logic is stupid, that I can agree with.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.