[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me, please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot (4).png (218 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (4).png
218 KB, 1600x900
>>>/qa/522810
How do I "Rice the fuck out" of my machine?
Can you help me git gud, /g/?
I am completely terrible with computers, so speak to me as if I were 5 years old.
My last thread was deleted, and I assume that was because a mod thought I was attempting to start a fight because of Windows 10.
I don't intend to start anything, and I'll remove Windows 10 if that's a part of giting gud.
If this isn't part of thise board's topic, tell me what board to go to, please.
If this one gets deleted, too, I'll give up. I'd just like to understand how to improve my 4chan experiance.
>>
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>54437248
install gentoo
>>
Install gentoo.

No, really.
>>
>>54437250
>>54437255
How?
And what is Gentoo?
I've heard that before, and I'm guessing it's a meme on /g/, but if it isn't, I'd like more input.
>>
>>54437268
It's not a meme.
Read the sticky.
>>
>>54437268
A Linux distro that can be riced like you want.
>>
>>54437248
Hide your bookmarks and log out of Chrome.
Open up chrome://flags/#top-chrome-md and set it to Material.
Remove Adblock and get uBlock Origin
Change the color of the Taskbar to something more pleasing.
Remove all trash from your taskbar except for Chrome and Explorer, also make it thin.
Remove Network and Notification icons from Taskbar including that Cortana search bar.
>>
>>54437317
I'll try these.
Let me find my old computer so I don't fuck up my current one if you're just trying to mess me up.
I'll post a before/after thing when it's done.
>>
>>54437248
For 4chan
>install 4chan x
>install oneechan
>read through the options of both of these
>most importantly choose a theme you like in oneechan and configure sidebar

For windows
>make a 32bit dword named "AccentColorInactive" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM with a hex color value to change the accent color of inactive windows
>>
>>54437357
So, it turns out I must've put my old computer in my mom's garage.
When I get time I'll go up there and get it, within a few days.
Then I'll do the suggestions here and show the improvement.
Thank you, /g/.
>>
>>54437357
>>54437545

Get a new hard drive or stick the old hard drive in your current PC. Learn to dual-boot.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.