[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/, I'm looking to make my own website and host it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: pi.jpg (798 KB, 800x1600) Image search: [Google]
pi.jpg
798 KB, 800x1600
Hello /g/, I'm looking to make my own website and host it. Naturally, money is an issue. Will the amount of ram affect performance or is it mostly down to how much the cpu can do?

Would a single sbc be enough or should I try a cluster of 2 or 3? And if I try to cluster will the ram add up?

I wish to host it myself, but what are some easy tools I can use to design and build it? I have no html experience.

Also how stupid will it be to put an ad for my site on 4chan?
>>
File: 1461777474546.jpg (403 KB, 1536x1908) Image search: [Google]
1461777474546.jpg
403 KB, 1536x1908
Also here, these images usually elicit replies from the neckbeards here
>>
>I have no html experience

just use dreamweaver
>>
>>54434676
who is?
>>
File: 1446077878531.jpg (448 KB, 1536x1884) Image search: [Google]
1446077878531.jpg
448 KB, 1536x1884
>>54434990
My point exactly.

>>54434699
How easy is that to use for someone with no html or programming experience?
>>
>>54434625
>Hello /g/,
Hello, anon.
>I'm looking to make my own website and host it.
That's cool, anon.
>Naturally, money is an issue.
If money is an issue, you're probably better off getting an account with something like nosupportlinuxhosting.com (costs $1/month for hosting) than hosting your own, but I guess you wouldn't learn as much that way.
> Will the amount of ram affect performance or is it mostly down to how much the cpu can do?
Depends on the type of site and the traffic. Generally, ram is more important.
>Would a single sbc be enough or should I try a cluster of 2 or 3?
Since it sounds like you are a novice, just do a single board, not a cluster. Don't add complications until you have your initial basic setup fully understood.
>And if I try to cluster will the ram add up?
See above.
>I wish to host it myself, but what are some easy tools I can use to design and build it? I have no html experience.
Start with a LAMP setup, and go from there. Design/build depends on what kind of site you want. If you are really a novice, you can just throw wordpress on there and use its wysiwyg theme editor/design tools.
>Also how stupid will it be to put an ad for my site on 4chan?
Very, very stupid if you're hosting it yourself on your own equipment.
>>
>>54435322
Thanks for the very detailed response anon.
>>
>>54435984

You're welcome, anon. Best of luck!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.