[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cripplechan is a botnet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1410894782629.jpg (164 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1410894782629.jpg
164 KB, 1280x960
I recently enlightened a friend of mine as to the horrors of the botnet by showing him all the cookies his browser was storing. Some of them happened to be from cripplechan.

Specifically, I found these:
> FALSE / FALSE 1467396567 HIRO_COOKIE data=&newSession=false&id=2992347269535&timestamp=1437260523294
> FALSE /v/ FALSE 1467256215 ninja_adm_uid cf74da5e-4bc9-72c3-cb9e-921d06fb6e33
> FALSE /v/res FALSE 1467256327 ninja_adm_uid cf74da5e-4bc9-72c3-cb9e-921d06fb6e33

One quick search on your friendly neighborhood cookie crawler later and I get these:
https://archive.is/ei4MU#selection-1313.0-1313.13
https://archive.is/cniWx#selection-1637.0-1637.14

>ads.yahoo.jp
>ib.adnxs.com
>adm.shinobi.jp

Going to shinobi.jp reveals that it's an advertising network from Japan:
>It explains the features in the cartoon of easy installation at that time most profitable us to display the high ad-free ad-serving tool "Ninja AdMax"!

Ninja AdMax leads to an advertising and analytics company called Samurai Factory, Inc. (https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Factory)

For those of us who don't speak machine translate, they're basically Botnet Analytics but for Japan. This means that when my friend was going to cripplechan, all his visits were being tracked and added to a Japanese marketer's profile. (Yes, they're still being loaded and checked for by the site, I imported them into a test browser and checked with uMatrix.)

What was that about "transparency", again?
>>
wait aren't botnets good
>>
>>54432384
The first one is for captchas
The other two are cloudflare cookies
>>
>>54432384
Thank goodness I use Adblock Plus.
>>
>>54432384
Disconnect
>>
>>54432384
Your friend needs Self-Destructing Cookies addon.
>>
>>54432777
But that's wrong. Cripple Captcha doesn't use a cookie and the CloudFlare cookie is named __cfuid, which incidentally was also present.

>>54433133
AdBlock Plus doesn't block these cookies.

>>54433150
>fighting a botnet with a botnet
good goy

>>54433195
Already gave it to him. This is just a PSA for anyone who somehow feels compelled to split their time between here and there.
>>
Wow! It's fucking nothing.
>>
>>54432384
>allowing cookies that aren't necessary
>not using Self Destructing Cookies for when you absolutely have to allow cookies
Come on anon, I've been blanket blocking cookies and javascript unless they were absolutely necessary since 2009. On a side note, Cripplechan is much more friendly to people who browse with javascript and cookies disabled as you can actually view the catalog. Hell, you can even post from w3m and other terminal browsers that support images, unlike 4chan where you can't fill out the captchas.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.