[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure if this is the right board to ask this - if it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1457802671119.jpg (103 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1457802671119.jpg
103 KB, 960x960
Not sure if this is the right board to ask this - if it's not, apologies.

OK I'll try to explain myself correctly, I'm accessing a Linux machine through SSH via MobaXTerm. Once connected, I launch this software and then the user manual. This causes a Firefox window to open on my computer but which is running in the Linux server I'm connected to.

In other words, I cannot access this website through "regular Firefox" with my laptop since it only runs when connected to this server.

So here's the thing, I need to make an offline copy of this website since it takes ages to open and load while connected to SSH.

Considering I know little about computer science and Linux what is the best way to do this? Thank you so much.
>>
is the file on the server? just transfer it to your local computer
>>
https://www.guyrutenberg.com/2014/05/02/make-offline-mirror-of-a-site-using-wget/
>>
Copy the file using sft/scp ?
If you can't copy the file for some reason (ie: it's on another remote server), you can use ssh tunnel. Google for putty tunnel.
Much faster than forwarding the whole X session.
>>
>>54423199
It's a website.
>>
>>54423260
so you just need the url?
if your X server shares the clipboard, you can copy/paste it into a local browser, otherwise you could just type it into a local browsers' url bar
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.