[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about ChaletOS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: chaletos-jan2015-look-01.png (119 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
chaletos-jan2015-look-01.png
119 KB, 1366x768
What do you think about ChaletOS?
>>
>>54422107
Looks like shit.
>>
>>54422129
why?
>>
>another "user friendly" Debian derivative
>>
>>54422107
All of the icons in the bottom right look like trash, the only thing i enjoy about this photo is the firefox icon.
>>
>>54422107
what is it a retarded xfce with some kind of chinese breeze theme??
>>
>>54423057
i mean they made the fucking panel like 38px high and left the fonts at normal size and the fucking clock and application switcher is small DELETE THIS
>>
In some weird way, i like how it looks. I mean the icons and color is horrendous but i like how it reminds me of Windows
>>
>>54422107
Never heard of it, but I know it is just another Ubuntu with a custom theme distro.
>>
reminds me of windows longhorn
looks shitty, to much blue
>>
chalet means public/outside toilet here
lyl
>>
File: Trans3.png (856 KB, 1474x829) Image search: [Google]
Trans3.png
856 KB, 1474x829
This looks actually pretty neat. SOmeone steal the theme files.
>>
>>54424019
>2 clocks
>>
File: 123.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
123.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>54422107
It looks like shit. Windows 10 Professional looks much better.
>>
>>54424219
Sure pajeet
>>
Looks like xfce with whisker menu set to tranparency
>>
Looks like a cheap Windows 7 knockoff

Also this >>54422209
>>
>>54422107
Looks ok but that toolbar at the bottom is probably just like all other shitty loonix copy of Windows default that cant be resized.
>>
>>54425802
Oh look it's indeed basically just a xfce theme
>>
>>54422107
>install xubuntu
>put the panel on the bottom
>same shit
>>
>What do you think about ChaletOS?
If this isn't a fork of Alpine Linux, I'm gonna be pissed.
>>
If you want your Linux to look like Windows, why not just use Xubuntu or Fedora and apply the Redmond window borders and Raleigh theme?
>>
>>54425933
You can resize xfce-panel pixel exact
>>
>>54422107

what's original about it?
>>
>>54426003
and you end up getting shit with tray icons centered and task buttons scaled.
>>
>>54426044
>It's real in my mind
>>
>>54426044
They both don't scale.
>>
Maybe you don't want normies to think that you are using something else?
Like if you are traveling to US, you have to boot your computer to show that it works.
If it isn't windows, you gets flagged.
>>
>>54426081
post me a screenshot. I dont use that poo, and lazy to install it in VM. But I remember it scales task buttons or tray icons. And its shit, because size panel has to give more rows of taskbuttons and more rows of tray icons that is why its increased but loonix designed for retards so it probably scales tray icons. So they managed to make more than one row for taskbuttons? WOW. Much improve since 2004. Now give them 20 years to do the same with tray icons.
>>
>>54423959
>to much blue

Too much blue. Use "too" when you're saying there's too much of something or when you mean "as well as".

Examples:

I think there is too much blue.

I want to go there, too.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.