[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
last year of CS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: computerScience.jpg (83 KB, 762x300) Image search: [Google]
computerScience.jpg
83 KB, 762x300
So I'm in my last year of CS. I will probably graduate around May of 2017. I live in Canada.

What are some must do things to do before I graduate? I haven't done coop yet, but I applied to make an app for a local business. After that is done, I plan on trying to intern somewhere in town. Every time I search for stuff almost nothing comes up. The lowest level jobs around here seem to require1 or 2 years of experience with something.

My GPA is like 3.2, and will probably go up because I have a bunch of easy elective courses to take between now and graduation.
>>
How do you not have 1-2 years of experience? When I came out of college I atleast had three years with a language
>>
>>54421624

How did you manage 36 months in 4 years? You go to school September to April and then get May to August off. May to August is 4 months, and you only get 3 summers off in a 4 year degree, so the most experience you could have is 12 months.

I was going to do coop in 2nd year, but I transferred to an online school that doesn't have a coop program, so I have to arrange everything myself.
>>
>>54421699
You know if you actually you're supposed to study in your own time, right?
>>
>>54422061
You know that studying on your own time doesn't count for shit right?

You don't get to put "3 years of Java experience" on your resume because you wrote Java FizzBuzz in your dorm room. I'm talking about work experience, because that's the only kind of experience that counts.
>>
>>54421598
Ignore the years of experience requirements and apply anyway. The worst that can happen is not hearing back from them.
>>
>>54421598
Ignore the requires work experience. Try to show them what you've done.
>>
>>54422115
>what is github
What the fuck did you do in those 3 or so years? Why are you studying CS if you aren't doing projects in your spare time?
>>
>>54422194
I've done both of those things and I have a GitHub, but stop conflating it with work experience. That's what you did in this >>54421624 post.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.