[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: henry.png (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
henry.png
74 KB, 500x500
How does most of /g/ sit at their computers?

I've been trying to sit up straight with my shoulders squared back recently, it's tough, but I don't wanna be like the old guys at my work that are always hunched now that they're old.

Any tips otherwise besides standing desk bullshit to keep good posture?
>>
At home I'm all over the place, Right now I'm sitting at an angle to the desk with my feet up on it and the keyboard on my legs.

At work my desk has a metal support strut bridging the back legs a couple inches off the ground. I pull my chair in close, recline back and prop my feet up on the bar. My back is straight and my forearms are supported by the desk so my shoulders can relax.
>>
>>54421023
your mom sits on my face """henry"""fag
>>
File: sit.png (47 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
sit.png
47 KB, 900x500
>>54421023
>>
>>54421064
That sounds like a really nice setup.
>>
>>54421137
I'm doing that exact same leg crossing thing right now. I'm pretty sure that it's made the left side of my core muscles stronger than my right side over years of sitting like that.
>>
>>54421206
Pic of muscles and/or sitting position?
>>
>>54421023
I've been using a standing desk at home for a few months after moving into a smaller apartment. It works pretty well and I've found it actually minimizes the amount of worthless shit I do because I have to stand up to do it.
>>
>>54421484
>minimizes the amount of worthless shit I do because I have to stand up to do it.
Is that because it makes you more tired?
OR
Is it because it makes you already standing on your feet ready to go do something else?
>>
>>54421495
It's a little from column A, a little from column B. Standing definitely takes more effort than sitting and as you said there's no barrier to me turning around and doing something else. It's much, much, harder to binge this way.
>>
>>54421023
you can buy a back brace.
also active exercise can help tremendously
>>
>>54421324
>Pic of muscles
>>>/hm/chubby
>>
>>54421023
If you exercise then it is easier to sit straight. In fact, i cannot not sit straight. You should be working out all of your muscle groups but exercising for the back help especially.

The exercise where you hook your legs and rest your pelvis on the padding so you're at a ~45° angle to the ground, cross your arms, bend forward, then come back and repeat will do wonders for your extendors (lower back). After the exercise you'll feel your back getting pulled straight. After a couple of weeks/months you'll be walking and sitting straight. It will improve your posture 100% guaranteed.
>>
>>54421324
I can't, but picture the stick guy on the left in >>54421137 and imagine the chair swiveled to the right a bit and then leaning on your left side forward towards the monitor.

Definitely not the best way to sit for posture, but I'm so used to doing it. I still want to stop though.
>>
Now I know you're going to take offense to this but have you considered yoga? Stretch your ass out and your natural seating position will be better because your body will be in the right shape when you go to sit down.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.