[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Didn't know where else to post this, but I need some help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: buttonz.jpg (646 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
buttonz.jpg
646 KB, 1920x1080
Didn't know where else to post this, but I need some help with a project.

I want to use some momentary buttons as media control buttons for my computer. As in, press that button to skip song/play/pause/etc., with at least 2 of these buttons.
I also have some kind of potentiometer that I got from the volume wheel of my old keyboard.

Any way I can do this for USB without a microcontroller or old keyboard?

I do not have
>>
>>54417312
What I forgot to write is that I want to use that potentiometer as a volume control again, but for USB.

Also, I apparently forgot to finish my post: I do not have an old keyboard that I could use.
>>
Not without something like a mini-pac
>>
>>54418183
P much this.

You can't do anything with mini-pac unless you want to use a USB game controller and then use a program like xpadder or DS4-input to emulate keyboard functions.

Look up the Mix-table controller made with Sanwa OBSF buttons. You're bound to find something about the PCB used, if you search hard enough.

Also recommend using the transluscent Seimitsu buttons to label the input functions. You can print out the Play/Pause/FW/RW symbols, cut them out and put them under the casing of the buttons.
>>
>>54418413
I'll look into those. Maybe some of my friends have old keyboards that I could use, I could just solder the buttons to the keyboard pcb and attach that to the bottom of my desk, and then assign these key combinations as the media keys in my media player.

I do already have translucent buttons, also using the printing thing you mentioned, and I also use them as power and reset switches.
>>
>>54417312
just get this
Xinput and im sure you can map it with some macro
http://www.focusattack.com/ps3-pc-zero-delay-usb-encoder-pcb-japan-style-controls/
>>
>>54418636
i see. i might sacrifice my usb xbox360 controller for this, i know it works well with xinput and others
>>
>>54418712
Is it an official Xbox 360 controller per chance? Watch out when wiring it. It's non-common and wiring analog with it is a bitch.
>>
>>54418880
yeah, its official. shouldnt the a, y, b and x buttons just have 2 contacts each? or are they possibly normally closed?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.