[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He's still using Google's botnet or Mozilla's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: brave-logo.jpg (16 KB, 570x386) Image search: [Google]
brave-logo.jpg
16 KB, 570x386
>He's still using Google's botnet or Mozilla's outdated, slow shitbox

Why haven't you joined the revolution yet, /g/ ? Why aren't you using the browser brought to you by the genius Brendan Eich who CREATED the language of the Web (JavaScript)?

This browser will change everything. It has a built-in AdBlock and an alternative system to reward website content creators with Bitcoin.

This is it boys. This is the browser you'll hear about often in the near future. Screencap this.

(It's called Brave btw.)
>>
JavaShit you mean
>>
(I posted this thread using Brave btw. Wouldn't settle for anything less. Best browser I've ever used.)
>>
>>54410894
go away mr eich
>>
>>54410894
>and an alternative system to reward website content creators
the presence of this system is why I refuse to use it, because it means they have a financial incentive to erode the privacy and ad-blocking guarantees in order to extract money from me.

The purpose of a browser is to fetch and display websites that I direct it to, in the manner I direct it to. Its purpose is not to help those websites to monetize me. It should not assist them in doing so. For that matter, considering the egregious behavior of the ad industry, I should be able to tell it to actively attempt to disrupt attempts to monetize me.
>>
>>54410919
Jobless NEET detected. How does it feel knowing your parents secretly hate you for being a smelly filthy leech?
>>
Because in Firefox I have no ads, in Brave they offer "less annoying ads". Also, tons of extensions and settings.
>>
It's another browser based on chrome *YAWN*
>>
>>54411008
Web dev detected
We'll see who's jobless when you get outsourced to pajeet
>>
>>54411008
don't project too hard
>>
>>54411050
Suck my dick I am an Indian and I use brave too, I like to have all the browsers on the market installed just to tinker with them they are like candy but for the web.
>>
>Browser created by the creator of JavaScript
Not in a billion years
>>
>JavaScript
Welp another reason nog tot use it
>>
>>54411095
Don't mind the racists. /g/ loves Indians.
>>
>>54411124
thanks anon kind words among the constant shitposting means a lot to me.
>>
File: images(2).jpg (9 KB, 288x175) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
9 KB, 288x175
>>54411124
>>
>>54411188
habibi you are taking this shiposting to a whole new level.
>>
>>54410894
>alternative system to reward website content creators with Bitcoin
Why would I give my buttcoins to some retards online?
>>
>>54410983
You have zero allies in this context.
>>
>>54410894
get a real job Brenden, trying to steal ad space away from websites and sell it back to them is a pretty shitty idea, I can think of a lot better projects you could be working on
>>
Opera has built-in adblock too.
>>
>>54411188
poo in the loo
>>
>>54410894
You mean it replaces ads on sites with ads of its own that are deemed "safe". Nice "adblocker"
>>
>>54411095
Poo in loo
>>
>token azn nerdy chick in staff page
>>
>>54410894
>CREATED the language of the Web (JavaScript)?

That's not how you spell HTML
>>
Trying it now, looks slightly faster than chrome and is open source, where's the catch /g/? Is it full SJW?
>>
>>54411650
No the lead is against gay marriage.

The catch is adhijacking.
>>
>>54410894
Why would I use a Chromium fork WITH ITS OWN ADS when I can use Chromium?
>>
>>54410894
Is it actually worth checking out?

Does it have tabs on the side and a minimalistic (like barely there) UI?
>>
>>54411682
No settings for tabs on left yet I think.
>>
>>54410894
cool logo, conservative CEO, very nice, will check this out.
>>
>>54411723
Alright then
>>
>>54411723
>yet
That's implying Brave's devs are competent enough to do that.
>>
File: 20150813_191210-2-1024x1024.jpg (190 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
20150813_191210-2-1024x1024.jpg
190 KB, 1024x1024
post yan
>>
>Brave
HAHAHAHA FUCKING ADVERTISING JEWISH BOTNET
>>
>>54410894
So I downloaded a .deb file to see what the hype was about. It's actually really snappy, shame it looks like ass and has a questionable business model
>>
>>54411842
>Oracle can eat a bunch of dicks.
So edgy and profound.
>>
>>54411008
>secretly
>>
>>54410894
I despise the fact the ``source code'' is less than 10MB.
>>
I would probably use it if the UI wasn't over simplified and looked like shit.

Chromium + chrome://flags/#top-chrome-md is perfect.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.