[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, my 3 year old phone is in bad condition and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: nexus-5x-1.jpg (177 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
nexus-5x-1.jpg
177 KB, 1200x900
Hey /g/, my 3 year old phone is in bad condition and I'm definitely thinking of buying a new one.

Budget is around 400$ and I'm currently rooting for the Nexus 5X, although unexpandable storage (I listen/like having lots of music on my phone) and the rarity/cost of USB type C adapters in my country are really turning me off.

Please note that I do not game on my device and I'd like to have more than decent battery life and a good camera, if possible.

So, what're your thoughts and recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
>>
5X for $250 is a pretty good deal. Buy chargers online, and an external battery pack if you need one
>>
>>54410953
there's no way in hell i'm getting a 5X fir 250$ here, at the cheapest stores it's 375$ (the 32 gig version)
>>
>>54410953
this

I'm going to get the 5x in a week or 2 thats $250 deal is to sweet to pass up.
>>
>>54410987
Google Fi project in the us drops the price to $200. plus 1st month service $50. Total $250
>>
>>54410864
I have no personal experience with the 5X, but I own a 6P and have messed with a friend's 5X. I'm not a huge fan personally, but just because it's not my type of device; I much prefer large, premium flagships. For the price it's a very solid device. Battery will be decent and not more, most likely. That may improve by swapping your ROM and kernel. I use PureNexus and ElementalX on my 6P and it's boosted my battery significantly.
>>
>>54410864
Personally, I'd get the good old 64GB OnePlus One. 5X is a decent choice though.

Otherwise if you don't mind TouchJizz, buy the Samsung Galaxy S5.
>>
LG G4 is $300 and one of the best cameras in the game
>>
>>54410864
Z5 compact is under $400 on Swappa, same place has the Z5 for just over $400. Z5 has a good battery, good camera
>>
>>54412588
>Z5
>one of the worst implementations of the alahu akbar SoC
>>
Around $400 right? Take the Moto X Style.
>Gorgeous Quad HD Display
>DUAL, STEREO Front-facing speakers
>Moto Maker customization
>Expandable Memory
>Micro USB still (for you)
>Turbo Charging
>Near stock Android
>Cute lil dimple in the back just for your delight
>2nd priority in updates, behind the Nexus series
>Moto Features
>>
>>54410864
Get a Moto X Style (Pure in some countries), or if you don't care about a qhd display, and just want longer battery life get a Moto X play.
>>
LG G4
Moto X Pure (Style)
Moto X Play
>>
>>54412514
And bootloops.
>>
just get the superior chink phone xiaomi redmi note 3 pro deluxe
>>
>>54411128
i don't think he's on the us, anon
>>
>>54415711
It took me a whole month just so LG could stop fucking around and ACTUALLY fix that thing. Still an OK device but never again.
>>
>>54410953
They're $250 now? I thought that promotional thing they had going passed already.
>>
I had a Nexus 5x. It's a good phone. But prepare for it to lag a bit. But for the price, it's a solid phone

Except for one minor issue in my model
I can't get more than 30fps after a nandroid backup, and I had tried everything and nothing fixed it. (I haven't tried re-locking the bootloader, but I doubt it will help anything)
I guess it's a RMA problem. But I live on SEA, so i have to deal with it.

Pray to yourself that this don't happen to you
>>
>>54410864
Xperia Z5c
>>
>>54420466
How solid though? I'm really about build quality these days, I have a nexus 6 right now which feels like its made out of titanium
I'm not too concerned with getting a new phone unless this croaks though
>>
I have a 5X, its very nice for 250
I have noticed lag recently though
>>
>>54420916
What I meant by solid is from the software department. But from hardware, it felt like any other plastic phone, it felt cheap, but not to cheap imo. I had dropped it multiple time from chest height. Still no crack, but there's a bump from dropping it onto concrete once.

If you're looking for build quality, 6p is your best bet
>>
>>54410864
Get the /g/ phone, dummy
>>
LG g3 or g4, i got my g3 for 150$
>>
get a moto x pure
>>
>>54410864
one plus one 3 is comming out this year, comes with regular android or cyogen, 64 internal storage, 8-core procesor, 5.5 inch screen fullHD, 6 GB ram, and is cheap cuz company is not market oriented like apple and samsung shitt, so basicly u dont buy name

http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_3-7995.php

still rumors tho
>>
>>54421690
I've had enough of 6" phones, need a 5" screen, that's just right for me to one hand
>>
>>54410864
wait for oneplus 3
>>
>>54412675
>no fingerprint scanner
>>
I have a 5x op, go for it. Battery is good, camera is fucking great(best part) , it's very lightweight and grip is very good, build quality's also very solid.
>>
>>54428124
>no Pre-installed NSA Button
>being a faggot Normie
>being this nitpicky

Never knew someone could suck this much cock
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.