[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does /g/ like to pretend like its anti consumerism? You guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
why does /g/ like to pretend like its anti consumerism? You guys hate on Microsoft and apple "shills" all the time, yet you buy expensive headphones, keyboards, etc. that you don't need.

fuck you hypocrites
>>
>>54408658
Using free software instead of Microsoft or Applel cuckware isn't about anti-capitalism or anti-consumerism; it's about freedom, not beeing controlled by a company, anti-censorship and against dividing people by disallowing to share.

There are many jobs in the free software movement. Remember that it's about using free software, not gratis software.
>>
/g/ pretends to be anti a lot of things. It's part of the hipster complex.
>>
>>54408658
sadly /g/ became a consumerist cesspool by the years. Ironically you can read in the first page sticky that /g/ stands for technology discussion and that's it's not a personal consumer review site.
We debated not so long ago whether split the board into tech and consumerist boards or tech generals given the amount of shitty consumerist generals. But no-one gives a flying kite really.
Also shills are real, Windows is shit and OSX is gay m8.
>>
>>54408658
We're not pretending to be anti-consumerism, we just hate a few specific companies
>>
>>54408658
dunno i only buy refurbished tech :^)
>>
>>54408658
>expensive headphones, keyboards, etc.
If they're worth the money, why not? Real consumerist tards will spend $300 on beats by dre or razor GAYMAN keyboards or whatever, crap that everyone here shits on for good reason.
>>
>>54410390
Also see-Apple and how much shit they and their users get around here.
>>
>>54408658
>/g/ is one person
>you guys
>all the time
>yet you
>fuck you hypocrites

lol
>>
All the hardcore /g/entoomen left. This is now a tech support and PC gaming hardware board.
>>
>>54410543
Where did they go?
>>
>>54408658
that's because the entire board, and all of 4chan

is one person

that's you op
however you are simply not awake when the other posts are occuring
>>
My headphones and my keyboard cost $20 each. Only an idiot would spend more than that.
>>
>>54410568
There's a mailing list. You'll be notified when you're ready.
>>
>>54408658

I'm not. I run Windows because it's what I've been doing for > 20 years, and because I have it set up exactly the way I want it.

I'm wearing Sony MDR-V6 headphones because they sound fantastic for the price, and they seem to last forever.

I consume stuff all the time. I just look for a good value in what I consume.
>>
>>54409311
True
>>
>>54408658
Dude, this place is filled with teenage outcasts and social retards. There is 0 collective self awareness as to that they really are and are like.

Good rule of thumb: If they say it is shit..look into it further because it probably is the best option or easiest.

These faggots here like to self inflict misery upon themselves...thus the 'duh, why aren't you using Linux for a daily desktop OS?"

That right there is a clear msg when translated to do the exact opposite of what the faggots here suggest.
>>
'consumerism' is an extreme state
/g/ is regular capitalist
>>
>>54410580
Bait
>>
>>54410707
>These faggots here like to self inflict misery upon themselves...thus the 'duh, why aren't you using Linux for a daily desktop OS?"
nailed it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.