[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my /g/ diary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1251031402297.jpg (21 KB, 312x233) Image search: [Google]
1251031402297.jpg
21 KB, 312x233
>Windows 10's privacy bullshit starting to bug me (THE FUD IS REAL)
>don't play games anymore so decide to dual boot ubuntu
>expect real smooth transition since i've tried out other linux distros before, and it's been long enough for them to improve usability
>no driver support for a few of my devices
>troubleshooting still requires heavy use of the terminal
>nope.mkv

fuck this shit. there will never be a day of the GNU/LINUX
>>
I'm as disappointed as u senpai
>>
>Install windows
>no driver support for a few of my devices
>troubleshooting still requires in depth knowledge of a convoluted "modern" system that makes redhat look like unix V1
>>
File: 1400945176705.gif (547 KB, 360x359) Image search: [Google]
1400945176705.gif
547 KB, 360x359
>tfw reactos is still an incomplete mess
Computers are dead.
>>
>>54404767
Why are you scared of the terminal?
>>
>>54404767
> heavy use of the terminal
> bad
I like the fact that you do many things on the console desu. It gives you more insight of what's happening on your system.
>>
>>54404767
>THE FUD IS REAL
Nice FUD. It's never been proven.
>>
At least you picked a related image.
>>
>>54404767
Fuck off weeb, youtsuba is shit.
>>
>Windows looks terrible, updates break visual styles, font rendering is just plain wrong. Everything's too fucking white, would help if it was grey at the very least. File manager sucks some dick. I doubt my fake activation done by that windows 7 + daz update to w10 will last long.
>Linux has poor driver support for my 280x, fairly slow, Chromium and tearing are two words that I will always associate now.
>Hackintosh feels as walled as Windows 10, only half of my hardware doesn't seem to fully operate the way it's supposed to. Has me getting used to software only available on it. It's beginning to look like an abandoned platform. iTunes gave me this habit of looking for music that's properly tagged and such instead of just rolling with what I have. Productivity has decreased even though this is supposed to be the system to just get work done.

. . .

I don't know, what do I even use at this point
>>
>>54404767
>troubleshooting still requires heavy use of the terminal
>Oh, typing word it's sooo~ sca~ry~..
Nowadays /g/ newfags are totally retarded.
>>
>>54405265
Windows XP.
>>
>>54404884
>>54404919
>>54406204
Main reason Linux on the desktop will never be a thing. Too many retards that think having to use a command line just to get your OS functional is a good thing.
>>54404818
The only devices I've had lacking driver issues with in Windows were ancient wireless PCI cards where they never bothered making updated drivers. In that case you could just use the old drivers in compat mode, or get different drivers for them.
>>
File: icons-xterm-color_281.png (7 KB, 144x144) Image search: [Google]
icons-xterm-color_281.png
7 KB, 144x144
A terminal a day

keeps the normies away
>>
Serves you right for believing the """botnet""" FUD. Enjoy your Ganoo Loonix ;)

>>54404884
>>54404919
>>54406204
>>54406377
>having to use the terminal to fix shit that should just work is considered a good thing
No wonder /g/ is so full of NEETs. Imagine if they used productively the time they wasted on useless shit like installing Arch.
>>
>>54406443
Next time try making sense dumb hindu
>>
>>54406571
Kill yourself.
>>
>>54406584
XD XD

Fuck back to 9gag underage piece of shit
>>
>>54406443
P O O I N L O O
>>
>>54406916
Kill yourself.
>>
>on a board dedicated to technology
>attempts to use a different operating system because it was recommended on the board you are browsing
>too retarded to get it to work
>blames it on the software itself instead of your own stupidity
>claim the software is bad
Why are you even browsing this board if this is how you think? I fail to understand why people who don't really like technology enough to experiment with it even come here. There are better boards for your kind.
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>54407708
Software that doesn't work out of the box is bad.
>>
>>54407745
>>>/lgbt/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI

The funny thing is that Ubuntu does work out of the box. Where'd they place you on the spectrum?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.