[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a 1TB seagate back up slim.On my Mac I downloaded Arch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: backup-plus-slim-1TB-.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
backup-plus-slim-1TB-.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
I have a 1TB seagate back up slim.On my Mac I downloaded Arch Linux and click and dragged it into a partition I created On the Seagate. The ISO shows in the Partition but the SEagate will not show in "Start up Disk". (Don't have to enter Bios on macs to boot from a different source). Are these things even Bootable? I even converted the ISO to a DMG so that it will be compatible with the Mac file system.
>>
>>54399692
You don't use bios on a mac, but the bootloader on the drive must be efi in order to boot on the mac.
>>
>>54399702
I know a don't use Bios on a Mac. Did you not read my post? I stated this so assholes wouldn't respond saying "Macs don't have a Bios or Boot from the Bios". Are these drives bootable?
>>
... You copied the ISO to the USB HDD and expected it to be bootable like that?
Jesus fucking Christ, how did you even find this board if you're that retarded?
>>
>>54399692
Shove HDD up ass. Post pics.
>>
>>54400269
>>54400295

Retards that can't read. Its sad when your so busy having hive mind that you don't know how different systems start up processes operate.
>>
File: 1434523312278.gif (54 KB, 463x491) Image search: [Google]
1434523312278.gif
54 KB, 463x491
>>54399692
>I have a 1TB seagate
>>
>>54399692
>>54400062
>>54400909
you are a fucking retard and you will fail to install arch. holy fucking shit, it's like you haven't used a computer before and have no concept of what a search engine is. i would suggest that you continue to use the macbabby operating system which came on your overpriced meme and fuck off to a more appropriate board such as /lgbt/
>>
OP, dragging the arch.iso to the partition isn't going to do anything. The system will think you're just transferring files and will keep it intact like a file.

I don't know how to install or use arch on a mac, so i can't help you much.

but arch has the info on it:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/USB_flash_installation_media#In_Mac_OS_X
>>
>>54401465
Also, I HIGHLY recommend something else than a 1TB HDD. A small 8GB flash drive should do it.
>>
>>54399692
if you copy a .ISO to a USB HDD it will not be bootable like that. You will need a tool like Rufus or Unetbootin
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.