[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How old is too old to learn?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: images(2).jpg (39 KB, 566x393) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
39 KB, 566x393
Is there a maximum age limit/ageism involved when studying for CS or general programming?
>>
>>54399127
>>
It only gets harder when you're older because you'll probably have a job or kids or something.

If you're old you have to act like a kid again
>>
>>54399127
yeah if you're over 18 years old just give up now because you'll never be to get good, as with anything in life.

If you didn't start at 8 years old and practiced for 10 hours a day you might as well just not even attempt it and just kill yourself
>>
>>54399127
If you stop learning, you start dying
Never too late to learn
>>
File: 25276854634535.jpg (120 KB, 938x740) Image search: [Google]
25276854634535.jpg
120 KB, 938x740
>>54399127
If you believe in yourself you can do anything.
>>
You can learn anything at anytime.
42 y/o here. I actually feel I'm a better learner now than I was at 18. I can focus more and I understand the value of what I'm learning.
>>
>>54399157
Good point, especially if you were growing up with helicopter parents and happen to be either a useless faggot or girl.
>>
>>54399127
If you have a high IQ and are passionate about CS/programming/tech etc than age doesn't matter. If you are avg IQ to low IQ and are only in it for a paycheck than you should just find another profession more suited to your abilities like stocking shelves at walmart. You could be some 18yo little nigger with a 6 pack and a 10" dick but if your IQ is double digits you're not gonna make it no matter how much time and effort you put in.
>>
>>54399127
It's never too late. There are a couple of guys in my CS class that are at least 50 years old.
>>
>>54399157
>yeah if you're over 18 years old just give up now because you'll never be to get good, as with anything in life.
Sweet, guess I can stop trying and move on to option 2.
>>
>>54399127
No, and you don't even need to believe in yourself or be above average intelligence for what it's worth. You do need to get started tough, not taking the first step is the most common reason for failure. After you've taken the first step, you'll need to take subsequent steps and keep heading in the right direction. That's most important after getting started. If you stay on course and keep taking steps you'll get somewhere and that's arguably better than sitting around all day.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.