[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will happen when Microsoft no longer offer support to Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Prince_logo.svg.png (27 KB, 870x1024) Image search: [Google]
Prince_logo.svg.png
27 KB, 870x1024
What will happen when Microsoft no longer offer support to Windows 7 and 8? Every Windows user will be forced to move to 10. They'll do it or they'll finally join the Linux communityforever? And will Intel and AMD allow it? Or they'll block Linux in their processors.
>>
>>54396172
>le no support vulnerabilities meme
>>
>>54396172
I think 7 and 8 are both supported until like 2021 so it will be a while before they are eol. Vista reaches eol next year I think.

As for processors Linux can run on anything.
>>
No xp support hasn't stopped plenty of people from using xp

>amd and Intel will block linux
Are you always this stupid or just when shitposting?
>>
most of the normie idiots I know already upgraded to win 10 unwillingly, just because of the unconditional reflex of "a message appeared! I must click OK as fast as possible without reading!"
>>
"Support" is fucking overrated. Every time some idiot comes around because he got a malware or ransomware, it's always on Windows 10.

I'll probably keep using Windows 7 until my laptop shits the bed.
>>
Support for Windows 7 ended on January 13, 2015.
Support for Windows 8 ended on January 12, 2016.
Support for Windows 8.1 will end on January 9, 2018.
>>
>>54396172
>File: Prince_logo.svg.png (27 KB, 870x1024)
Prince_name.png, you dumb fuck.
The antics behind that are even /g/ related.
>>
>>54396172
Why on fucking earth would Intel or AMD care if people use Microsoft, Linux or Mac OS on their processor?
Fuck me, are you full on cunted?
They don't give a fuck what OS you use and WOULDN'T EVER do something to lose marketshare purposefully.
>>
>>54397802
>"Support" is fucking overrated.
Very true. No one is going to try to exploit you, unless you are running a public website or something in which case you should be running Linux either way.

What matters and will acctually open you up to exploits is third party software no longer being supported on your os.
>>
>>54397957
Windows update breaking your install is a much bigger threat than being exploited.
>>
>>54396172
They can keep using windows 7 or 8 just like grandpa still uses xp. Who cares
>>
>>54397852
Nigger they literally got it from WikiMedia Commons. The servers there automatically generate PNG versions of SVG files and just tack on the extension.

How fucking stupid are you to not know this?
>>
File: 1455559582359.png (178 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
1455559582359.png
178 KB, 303x311
I'll just keep using Windows 7 for as long as I can until the loonix community makes a distro worth a shit. So yeah, probably gonna stick with Windows 7 til the day I die.
>>
>>54396172
I'm seriously considering switching to Linux rather than upgrading beyond Windows 7
>>
>>54396172
XP still has more consumer market share than GNU/Linux, OS X and every other non-Windows system combined. People will probably hang on or, yes, switch to 10.

>Or they'll block Linux in their processors.
And why exactly would they do that? GNU/Linux isn't the freetard hobby platform /g/ spreads FUD about all day long, its frequently used in servers and some workstation applications, Intel and AMD would have to be fucking dumber than a box of rocks to even have the balls to suggest such an idea to the only market that actually makes them money.

>>54397826
That's mainstream support, security updates will continue for far longer.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.