[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In Over My Head
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: scala-logo.gif (16 KB, 635x282) Image search: [Google]
scala-logo.gif
16 KB, 635x282
Alright, I need some advice from professional tech guys.

I'm interviewing for an internship this summer (Compsci Major, no previous professional tech experience) for a company that would have me straight up sitting at a computer and being a code bitch. I ACED the first interview, and did pretty damn well on the second. Now they've sent me an assignment that I have to turn in, and their judgement of this project is the final round. (The assignment is in Scala. Fuck.)

Here's the rub. The assignment is definitely at a required skill level that gives me a pretty good notion that I am sure as shit not qualified for the job. So what do you suggest tech guys? How bad could this fuck me if I go in to work and I suck?

(Also, this is my first time on /g/, so sorry if I have broken one of those unwritten rules that all boards seem to have.)
>>
what are you even asking? just learn scala. worst situation is you get the job and you leave because you are obviously incompetent. best situation is you get paid to learn on the job.

just fucking do it
>>
I am sure they picked Scala is no one learns it at uni

They are testing how fast you can get competent with it
>>
>>54391723
Since*
>>
>>54391723
That's actually exactly why. I guess I'm just nervous about the whole thing in general and wanted to get some feedback on the situation from some people more experienced than myself.
>>
>>54391736
Do it. Why are you scared?
>>
>>54391736
Just do it, faggot.

My first job out of college "required" 5 years of experience and a Master's. You'll learn the job on the job.
>>
>>54391695
>just fucking do it

stop shilling nike
>>
>>54391655
>le google's scala
>clicks wikipedia
>scrolls to examples
>it's as retard friendly as python

legit will take an hour to fucking learn, go learn it god dammit
>>
>>54391655
what's the assignment?
>>
>>54391723
They teach it at my uni in a required class.
>>
>>54391655

Many interns fail to deliver anything useful. They probably aren't expecting much of you, and will give you easier projects. This is for you to get a feel for working in your field. But, you also need to man up and study study study.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.