[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retina display on MacBook Air when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: air.jpg (63 KB, 704x413) Image search: [Google]
air.jpg
63 KB, 704x413
Retina display on MacBook Air when?
>>
Never, that would cannibalize the more expensive models market. They try to keep the Airs shitty (even tweaking OS X font rendering compared to previous versions so the screens look worse) so people have to spend more.

Only when HiDPI becomes mainstream and common in Windows laptops they'll be forced to make the Air more compelling.
>>
>>54391367
I am just getting the 12 inch macbook instead.
>>
Air is dead
>>
Never. Air isn't coming back. They're porting "Air" features to the normal Macbook.
>>
>>54392298

This. Air will maybe receive another update then its over.

Retina macbook is the new air.
>>
>>54392313
b-but mah core i5
>>
>>54391367
Air is EOL
>>
>>54392369

Get a rMBP you pleb.
>>
>>54392393
Or go PC and get a XPS 13
>>
>>54392406
Hahaha, no.
>>
>>54391367

Never, you idiot. It's a legacy model, to be replaced by the 12" Macbook, the way the MBP was supplanted by the rMBP.

Realize that the 2015 rMB was similar in performance to the 2011 MBA, whereas the 2016 rMB is more comparable to the 2013 MBA. It's achieving parity quickly, and there will soon be no real reason for the Air to exist at all.
>>
>>54392406
Or spend twice as much? Wow great option
>>
>>54392369
>>54392313
macbook air has more ports than macbook
>>
>>54393781
Not when you consider the USB type c capability.
I do hate the idea of carrying around hubs, but I can see its value.
>>
>>54391367
They will announce it during the next WWDC
>>
>>54393917
>things that won't happen
>>
>>54393917

Hell no. If anything, they'll redesign the Macbook Pro. It's been years since the chassis has changed, and it's actually a product that fills a need, unlike the obsolete MBA.

(Disclaimer: I am typing this on a Macbook Air from 2013.)
>>
>>54393781
>>54393806
>inb4 USBs are as depreceated as floppy drives
>>
more like fagbook hahaha
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.