[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What search engine does he use? I hope none of you claim to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: stollman-1.jpg (91 KB, 576x384) Image search: [Google]
stollman-1.jpg
91 KB, 576x384
What search engine does he use?

I hope none of you claim to use only free software and then you go Google shit. Also, what are you doing here on closed-source 4chan? Back to plebbit, which is free.

Can rms even visit the NY times webpage or is it too proprietary?
>>
>>54390077
You clearly don't understand stallman's views on software on web servers.
>>
>>54390077
NY Times is swarming with non-free Javascript so no.
>>
>>54390077
He's said sometimes google, sometimes ddg, but never on his own machine.
>>
>>54390099
well, it's very hypocritical
>>
>>54390335
He only cares about the freedom to run software on his own computer. While he encourages server administrators to run free software on their computers too, it will not stop his from making a request to their server if they don't; it's not HIS computer.
Now proprietary Javascript is another story.
>>
>>54390077
He's using a special javascript blocker that blocks properietary javascript. It's a feature in GNU IceCat. He says that he'll use any search engine that doesn't require the use of javascript, which on his site he claims google doesn't. Not sure if that's true anymore.
>>
>For searching, I have mostly used DuckDuckGo for the past couple of years. It does work with JS disabled, but you have to follow a link before you search.
>I also sometimes use ixquick.com.
https://stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.