[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can already feel all the salt coming, but seriously: how cancerous/worthwhile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: snapshot2.png (583 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
snapshot2.png
583 KB, 1366x768
I can already feel all the salt coming, but seriously: how cancerous/worthwhile are these ebooks? I'm pretty much entry-level GNU/linux. Been fucking around with the command line a little, did a school project in Python but nothing more than that.
>>
link to the bundle, there are some other books omitted

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/no-starch-hacking-books
>>
They're all trash books, and if no starch press was a large publisher, those books would line the clearance bin.
>>
they're not bad for beginners

worth getting imo
>>
>>54380333
It's a fucking shame they're in .pdf though.
I never found a good pdf reader that would just let me scroll the pages in fullscreen. Either they display the entire page in 'presentation mode' making everything unreadably small or I have to scroll in a UI taking 50% of the screen.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>54379965
>>>/g/fglt OP has a link to a very good free book
>>
The only good books in the bundle are "The linux command line" and "automate the boring stuff with python" if that, but for beginners those would be pretty good.
>>
>>54379965
Here OP hundreds of ebooks i put together in a folder. All of the ones listed in the thread pic are all in here
mega dot nz/#F!9gFAHDRZ!SkIKcYucgMidZBZpcQQSFA
>>
>>54380452
I know it looks sketchy but its just the link with the private key to dl it.
>>
>>54380395
>Any recommendations?

Qpdfview works quite well, it's tabbed too.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/qpdfview/

I use it, it's not bad.
>>
File: yeeeeeeehboi.jpg (78 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
yeeeeeeehboi.jpg
78 KB, 720x540
>>54379965
>paying for ebooks

It's like you want to be cucked by the system
>>
>>54379965
>>54380395
>>54380452
Also you don't need to download this sketchy nigger's "hundreds of ebooks".

Go on Bookzz.org, has tons of books and they're all clean(scanned on Virustotal ages ago)
>>
>>54380395
Sumatra? I've bought the first 4 one, which costs 1$, btw. Wanna see?
>>
>>54380531
>>54380479

I'll take the bait, should be fine as long as I disable js right?
>>
>>54380527
>It's like you want to be cucked by the system

Not everyone is a penniless neet like you are tho
>>
>>54379965
>command line
It's a terminal for fuck's sake. Makes me think of DOS/Windows whenever someone calls it a command line.
>>
>>54380541
>I'll take the bait, should be fine as long as I disable js right?

Don't download that nigger's books

Just go on bookzz.org and download whatever you want, they're all clean
>>
>>54380563
>>54380507
>>54380452

Thanks for all the quick help guys. I wasn't even called a faggot once.
>>
>>54380549
It's about the principle anon.
>>
>>54380554
it's called a CLI no matter what os you're on you stupid nigger
>>
>>54380591
bookzz only has 10 free downloads per day if you're not registered, then it's 15 i think but if you contribute you get more.

You can just not register and reset your IP i guess to download more too
>>
>>54380630

Ah yes the principle of no one ever getting paid for anything they produce. I download a bunch of shit but this attitude is so dumb.
>>
>>54380630
>It's about the principle anon.

Which principle?

Just pay for the books man, holy shit you cannot be this much of a jewish faggot.
>>
File: 1449346714021.gif (8 KB, 256x264) Image search: [Google]
1449346714021.gif
8 KB, 256x264
>>54380733
>>54380754
>just pay for the books anon. Spend your shekels.
>>
>>54380630
If the authors did good work they deserve my money.
>>
>>54379965
The Linux Command Line is pretty worthwhile and the book is free.
Don't get the bundle but search it on Google and it's on the first link.
>>
>>54379965

I picked them up 2 days ago for 15.00.

For a beginner thats a month of entertainment that might get you into some useful stuff.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.