[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best tool to crack an md5crypt hash? I am using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: hashbrick.jpg (16 KB, 446x262) Image search: [Google]
hashbrick.jpg
16 KB, 446x262
What's the best tool to crack an md5crypt hash? I am using hashcat now but it is painfully slow and john the ripper was seg-faulting on me (but I didn't try too hard to troubleshoot, it's probably user-error)

Are there any other tools that might be better that I just don't know about?
>>
>>54375462
are you using the gpu accelerated version of hashcat ?
that's the best tool for this kind of work unless you have access to a distributed computing network in which case I recall there being a beowulf cluster version of jack the ripper floating around.
>>
>>54375462
Give it back Jamal.
>>
>>54375462
There are various databases of already cracked hashes so check there too
>>
>>54375489
Yeah, aside from that perhaps try something slightly more sophisticated than a brute force, hashcat supports a number of pretty cool attacks.
>>
what do you know about the preimage? to reduce the entropy/combinatorial space
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.