[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Washing a PC case
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 20160504_133033.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160504_133033.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Does anyone have any experience with washing super filthy PC cases?

Got this filthy old Thermaltake Shark case from a friend. It's clogged up with brown dust and smells like shit. Air compression doesn't do shit. Can I just bathe it in isopropyl or use soap and water? There are some kind of super thick filters in there as well that don't seem to come off.
>>
>>54374686
I washed a case with plain dish wash liquid, nothing extra.

Just let it dry for a half day or so to be sure.
>>
I don't see an issue with washing the case as long as you remove any USB ports or power switches etc. You could get a high pressure water hose attachment to get that stuff off.
>>
>>54374686
Have done that multiple times on old cases. You shouldn't have a problem if you dry the case properly.
>>
Dish soap solution will work best. Than give it a blow with an air compressor
>>
I'll try washing it, thanks for the replies.

Anyone know anything about those carpet-looking filters? I'm suspecting they might be intended for noise reduction but they look like they might generate more heat. I'm thinking about ripping them out.
>>
>>54374686
I washed one - if the front panel can be taken off, wash its parts from the inside separately. I used just water, soap and brush. Let it dry properly, probably better overnight or 24 hours.

I wiped it before that fearing that drying with water drops could cause rust.

Try to do it without buttons, USB and other connectors as said.
>>
>>54374897
Just rip them out, you probably can't get the smell out of them anyway.
>>
Use 91 alcohol on the usb/other connections, and you can pretty much hose the rest if you wanted to.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.