[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10 year-old gets 9,000 euros from Instagram for security flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: finn_kid.png (174 KB, 444x266) Image search: [Google]
finn_kid.png
174 KB, 444x266
A 10 year-old boy from Helsinki was awarded a nine thousand euro reward for revealing a security flaw in the Instagram photo sharing app.

Without much technical information revealed, the tabloid Iltalehti reports that in March of this year, the Helsinki-based 10 year-old found that by placing malicious code into the application's comments field, he could delete other people's comments.

"I found I could delete other people's comments from there," the boy is quoted by the paper.

The young computer expert notified Instagram by email and a few days later the Facebook-owned company forwarded him a thank you payment of just over nine thousand euros.

Although this was the first time he has received a reward for his efforts, it was not the first occasion that he had revealed security flaws in websites.

The boy's father told the paper he was surprised at just how much his son had learned about IT security.

The boy says he dreams of a future career as a computer security expert.

"It would be my dream job, security is really important," the 10 year-old told the paper.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/digi/2016050221506011_du.shtml
>>
>>54373380
Advertisement
>>
>>54373380
fuck you OP, there is a thread already:
>>54373023
also nodody gives a fuck, your parents never loved you, and the reason you keep failing at everything in your life is not external influence but your refusal to take responsibility for anything.
>>
>not selling the 0day to more nefarious people
>>
>>54373466

Advertisement for what? A Finnish news article IN FINNISH that you can't even fucking read?
>>
>>54373380
facebook com/whitehat/thanks/
>ctrl+f jani
>not found
fuck off OP
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.