[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CyanogenMod
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
The installer said everything went OK.

It's stuck on the loading screen. What went wrong?

Moto G Peregrine
>>
>someone help me i followed this guide on xdaforums and now that it's broken nobody there is helping me wahhh tech support wahhhhhh
>>
>>54372982
We're not your tech support.
That said, have you tried installing manually?
>>
File: youhaveprankplease.jpg (13 KB, 410x206) Image search: [Google]
youhaveprankplease.jpg
13 KB, 410x206
Phone is bricked, sorry bud
>>
>>54372988
I installed it following the instructions on the cyanogenmod wiki. I used the teamwin installer and the latest nightly build. Then rebooted the system. Should I have used an older build?
>>
>>54373017
No, you should have done it manually
(Flash recovery, wipe partitions, install CM from recovery)
>>
>>54372986
>>54373001
Used an old moto g with barely working screen and broken power button. For this very reason. So I don't give a fuck if the phone is lost. I can literally smash this phone off concrete and not feel bad about it.

So save your mockery for someone else.

- posted from my Moto e.
>>
>>54373017
Maybe there are more information about your nightly build on XDA. It's a common problem to have a bootloop sometimes...
>>
>>54373027
I thought the wiki does tell you to install from recovery? Or do you mean the cyanogenmod recovery image?

First time trying something like this.
>>
>>54373041
Could you link the wiki article?
>>
>>54373036
Ok.

Since the power button is broken (and I can't reset it) I have to wait until the battery drains so I can get to recovery mode again.
>>
>>54372982
It's has a bootloop.
It probably means that the installer fucked up something.

Google how to install CWM/TWRP for Moto G. Grab a .zip with a CyanogenMod image and flash it through the recovery (you can also find tutorials on that online).
>>
>>54373048
>wiki article

https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_peregrine
>>
>>54373065
That's how I did it. I used the TeamWin Recovery and installed the latest nightly build CynagoneMod image I got from here:

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=peregrine

(and yes, I checked the md5/sha1 for everything)
>>
>>54373066
Okay, ignore what I said previously. Which version of CM did you try to flash? With or without google apps?
>>
>>54373079
Did you wipe the data/ partition (It's the default option for "Swipe for Factory Reset") ? If you didn't that's the reason for the bootloop.
>>
>>54373091
without than install gapps from opengapps (dot) org
>>
>>54373112

Did it work before you installed gapps?

If it did you need to flash CM and gapps in one go (without rebooting to the OS).

You now have to wipe /system /data and cache, the install CM and IMMEDIATELY afterwards install opengapps.
>>
>>54373091
I used the latest nightly build from here:

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=peregrine

2016-05-03

Without Google Apps. Do I need google apps for this?

I'm back at the TeamWin Recovery Program. Should I just install an older version of CM?

>>54373100
Yes, I wiped it.
>>
>>54373131
I didn't install gapps. Is that necessary?

I don't want google apps because I don't use chrome, or gmail, or calendar...
>>
>>54373136
What version did you update from? The only thing that I can think of is bootstack conflict, but I don't thank that Moto Gs have that problem.
>>
>>54373179
I think Android 4.1, this phone didn't have Lollipop on it.

I installed an older nightly build (2015-05-02) and it seems it has the same problem. I really hoped there would have been a 'stable' build to choose...
>>
>>54373145
Yes, they're not necessary. I assumed from your previous reply that you did install them.
>>
>>54373017
>latest nightly
Use stable you mouthbreather.
>>
>>54373236
Now I wiped the Dalvik/ART partition and the cache permission. This didn't fix it.
>>
>>54373277
>Use stable you mouthbreather.

I wanted to. But CM doesn't make it easy. Gonna try it now.
>>
>>54373277
>Use stable you mouthbreather.

I wanted to. But can't find the stable version. The only versions CynaogenMod website provides are nightly builds.

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=peregrine&type=
>>
The solution seems to be to use the CWM recovery tool. And the CWM recovery website is down.

Fantastic.
>>
Boot into recovery and flash a stable instead a nightly
>>
>>54373442
Where can I find the stable build? The only builds for moto g 4g (peregrine) that the CM website shows are nightly builds.
>>
>>54372982
Put it where all smartphones belong.

In the garbage.
>>
>>54373486
I think you need a lollipop bootloader before using CM. Try installing a stock 5.0 or 5.1 bootloader (or just install the entire ROM).
>>
>>54372982
The first boot does take a long time on most devices. If you get impatient and reboot it before it's done, it tends to fuck it up necessitating a reinstall.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.