[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Me and my pup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 600x600
How does /g/ feel about Puppy Linux? I think it's a pretty fun distro myself.
>>
>>54370177
I likes it but /g/ seems to hate it, dunno why though
>>
>>54370188
clunky. Need to reverse things to customize and /g/ loses their absolute shit when any menu comes out of the left-bottom corner.

I used to have it for a recovery drive a year ago. Best compatibility by far for shit hardware. Is that still the case?
>>
>>54370177
it use to be a lot better for older PCs, but seems to be aimed more at old, but not too old PCs now

Just my experience
>>
It was the only distro I could get working on my old EPIA M10000 on account of the smaller instruction set of the C3 processor completely and utterly confusing most linux distros I tried (The C3 uses a reduced instruction set and then emulates the ones it lacks).

It's worth noting that despite that, I never found a copy of windows that didn't work out of the box on it.

Puppy saved the day for me though and I used that little thing as a low-power media centre and web browser for many years.
>>
>>54370177
Because the PET system sucks balls.
porteus is the way to go.
>>
I think it is a very good distro if you want a live system.
I haven't used it where it was something I installed, so wouldn't know about the repositories and how much you have to compile yourself.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.