[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC Building Scrub
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 20160502_211658.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160502_211658.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
SEND FUCKING HELP!!!!
My first time building my own PC. Everything is lined up as the manual states. I have watched five youtube videos on this.

>3/4 fit fine
>1 isn't lining up correctly

What the fuck, what the fuck am I doing wrong? The safety pin or w/e on the heat sink is lined up with the small locking mechanism. The Legs are lined up as stated in the manual via those golden things on top of the heat sink. It's been two hours and I'm only this far.
>>
>>54350224

Are the arms different lengths? Maybe you have it on the wrong direction.
>>
File: Dead pepe.png (132 KB, 388x399) Image search: [Google]
Dead pepe.png
132 KB, 388x399
>>54350224

Sounds like it's over OP, may as well throw the entire motherboard in the trash. You had one job.
>>
Push it over with one hand and screw with the other you dumb faggot. Quit being such a pussy.
>>
>>54350296

This, it'll take quite a bit of force to do damage to your mobo.
>>
>>54350253
Could you further explain. I don't what you mean by arms.

According to the Motherboard (1150) everything on the cooler has to be in the middle socket, that includes the back plate as well. Is that what you mean?
>>
>>54350296
Seconded.

ITF the answer to "what do i do with this bent thing" is usually "unbend it"
>>
>>54350224

Are you sure it is oriented correctly?

Try rotating 90 degrees
>>
>>54350296
You better not be fucking trolling me.

>>54350385
ok I will triple check right now.
>>
What motherboard is that?
>>
>>54350572
Dragon logo so msi something
>>
Ok I got it in after doing what >>54350296 said.

>>54350572
z97 Gaming 5
>>
>>54350224
You literally need to force it you baby
>>
>>54350224
is that a hyper 212? they're notorious for being difficult to install. give it a bit of force and you'll be fine.
>>
>>54350224
What cooler is that? You probably need to rotate the arms 90 degrees.
>>
>pushing the CPU lever latch into place
>pushing RAM into place
>locking in your GPU in the PCI-E slot

Scary spooky PC sounds
>>
>>54352542
>pushing the CPU lever latch into place

That's the most terrifying one because it sounds like it's cracking the chip.
>>
You gotta shove that motherfucking in there hard.

Don't be sacred.
>>
>>54352566
>>54352542
Le tricky oldfag memes! XD
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.