[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have any experience working as a freelancer programmer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: freelance.jpg (102 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
freelance.jpg
102 KB, 500x335
Does anyone have any experience working as a freelancer programmer?

can you share your experiences, pay, complications, tips.

currently in university studying information systems engineering and my dream would be to graduate to have a backup plan in a form of a degree but work as a freelancer from my native town.
>live in rural Costa Rica in nice farm with nice house
>have to move to the capital to go to uni
>6 hour drive
>cant get used to living in a "big" city

since i live in costa rica and already own a property and a house i would need about 700 dollars a month for food, utilitys, and eating out a few times a month
earning over 1500 - 2000 dollars a month is considered a good salary here and you will live extremely comfortable with that kind of money.
is it posible as a freelancer /g/?
>>
Really depends on the clients you get. I make around 19k (after taxes) a year from freelancing. I work with only one client. He completely depends on me.
>>
>>54347913
how dificult was it to get that one client?
>>
>>54347972
He's my brother's friend. My brother told him about me.

My other clients were from scriptlance, freelancer and elance. Those websites are nowadays full of Indians charging $10 for everything, though.
>>
>>54348042
fucking hell

i really do not want to graduate and have to start working a 9-5 and in my home town has a population of only 30k, where i would say that half of the working class are farmers, and there a no tech jobs even remotely near
>>
>>54348278
Get out of your town, mate. Move to the city.
>>
>>54347830
>costa rica
You got lucky.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.