[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got tired of buying new gamer headset's every year for $70+
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 51XD6-L+xAL._SY400_.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
51XD6-L+xAL._SY400_.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
Got tired of buying new gamer headset's every year for $70+ because the headbands or other parts are the cheapest craziest plastic China can muster.

To break the cycle I'm buying a stereo headphone mixer. Using super cheap but good enough headphones because those are the parts that I think are a high risk of death. Then for the mic a Blue Snowflake.

I'll run 2-3 of my pc's sound output to the mixer. Chat will be 1 channel and games will be the other. Third channel will be backup or secondary chat. Windows mic drivers have always been good enough for me so nothing special for the mic.

Total cost off Amazon is less than $100 and the individual parts are replaceable.

Anybody have thoughts on the setup?
>>
>Individual replaceable parts, not throwing away a total enclosed system that requires no thinking.

WHY DO YOU HATE CAPITALISM?

But seriously anon, good fucking idea. No need to duplicate budget on several pieces of shit that do the same thing when a switcher device lets you spend your money on one good one.
>>
>>54346704

For ~$100 you can get a real mixer and they work great as headphone amps. Lots of inputs. At that price range you can get one with USB DAC included for your PC and on-board effects too, like reverb.
>>
>>54346704
I have a Focusrite Saffire 6 and Mackie CR3s. I'm probably going to buy a Behringer B1 (fantastic mic; don't let "vintage" cultists tell you that you need to blow $1000) soon.

You get significantly better results at the same price.
>>
>>54346704
>gamer headset
found your problem
>>
>>54348975
Not to worried about effects. I only wanted the mixer to change chat and game volume separately. All the pc outputs are amped. If I want to take it to the next level then I'll probably do what you suggest.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.