[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 8: Fuckiest Shit To Ever Shit The Fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
I got an Asus Aspire V11 with Windows 8.1 pre-installed, and it runs ALL games at a ludicrously bad framerate. It's not about performance either - the same happens equally in huge RTS games as it does in 2D indie games, both of which have run perfectly on a three years older laptop with Windows 7.

What really makes me want to strangle everyone responsible for this disaster is that they bloody well know what they've done yet still prefer giving you the run-around with useless advice that has never worked for anyone with the same issue. I, along with countless others have spent DAYS in vain looking for an answer that apparently doesn't exist! No, its not the drivers, no its not the temperature, no its not the hardware... Its this fucked-up piece of shit OS that fucks up everything it touches!

I guess I'm not even asking for advice anymore. Anyone who has the same issue knows there's no answer, and anyone who doesn't just gives you the same run-around answers in hopes that the users die of hernia before returning their purchases. Fuck you Microsoft, fuck you to hell.
>>
File: killyourself.jpg (15 KB, 500x408) Image search: [Google]
killyourself.jpg
15 KB, 500x408
>>
>spent $1500 on a Dell laptop
>win8
>takes 5 minutes to restart
>mfw
0_o
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>54338580
I don't know what you are talking about, I've been using 8 from 8.0, never had problems, this OS runs even AOE I better than Vista.

Everything below 10 is good, 10 is
>Fuck you Microsoft, fuck you to hell
>>
>>54338580

I recommend installing Windows 7. Anything above that is unmitigated shit, and anyone saying otherwise should be banned from voting due to destructive stupidity.

Remember to read on what updates to disable though. M$ is now trying to spread its disastrous failures to previously good OS'es too.
>>
You can update to Windows 10 for free. But hurry, there is not much time left!
>>
File: 1454112472053.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1454112472053.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>54338580
First off, it's Acer. Second off, it's a shitty netbook with a dog-slow Celeron and integrated graphics. It can't play games. Period. Third, please kill yourself. Retard.
>>
>>54338580
7 is the shittiest OS MS made. 2000 > Vista > XP > 8 > 10 > 7
>>
>>54338880

Not sure if a bad troll, or even worse at computers...
>>
>>54338933
But that's True! 7 is just a worse, slower version of innovative Vista. 8, on the other hand, is the faster and better version of 7.
>>
>>54338735
This. Win 8.1 is pretty much identical to 7 only it has a different theme and shitty full screen applications.

Granted 7 is still better because it has Classic theme.
>>
>>54338990
You can simply delete all "apps".
>>
>>54338999
I know. Which I have done. But there is still some traces left of that shitty part. Like the network window.
>>
>>54339015

This. Even with the Classic Shell, the crap keeps coming up like someone had tried to hide a turd by laying a carpet on it. The network window for one is not only inexcusable shit, but connecting to ad-hoc networks (for example, connecting to internet via an android phone) is outright impossible.
>>
>>54339067
Really? I haven't found it any worse than the Win 7 one. Just uglier. Which is my main point of Win 8.1. It's just Win 7 but uglier as far as I've experienced.

Granted the new Task Manager is nicer. It's about the only "big" improvement I've come across.

Think I'm gonna go back to 7 next time I format.
>>
>>54338933
he's a pajeet for sure.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.