[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I obtain privacy? Is a VPN enough?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
How do I obtain privacy? Is a VPN enough?
>>
>>54338013
no but living in another solar system is
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-02_14-07-29.png (212 KB, 656x881) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-02_14-07-29.png
212 KB, 656x881
>>54338013
Go to
https://panopticlick.eff.org

Get your browser tested, block ads, tracking cookies and flash. Then take steps to minimize your browser's unique fingerprint. Pic related: The actual values (blurred here) can give you hints as to what to change. Things such as language, OS, screen size – don't use maximised windows for best effects – flash, JavaScript, system fonts.
>>
File: damn nigga.png (82 KB, 493x1019) Image search: [Google]
damn nigga.png
82 KB, 493x1019
>>54338509
I like how anyone trying to find out information about me gets blasted with a shit load of plugins
>>
>>54338013
>>54338509
https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en
>>
Wangblows 8.1 or lower? Download and run aegis windows blocker.

Wangblows 10? Too late.
>>
>>54338509
Thanks, but

>>54338562
yes that right there happened to me.

>>54338563
>>54338622
I have 8.1!
Do I use this in combination with a VPN or are these enough on their own?
>>
Use a prepaid debit card to buy bitcoins and use bitcoins to buy VPN access.
>>
-Don't use wangblows/OSX/Android/iOS at all. Otherwise
--Don't log into your Currysoft account
--If you are using Curryblows 10 use the enterprise LGBT edition
-Use all the fucking anti microsoft spyware scripts you can
-Use firefox with the addons below:
>Disconnect
>uBlock origin
>Privacy badger
>Random agent spoofer
>Self destructing cookies
>HTTPS everywhere
>Decentraleyes
>NoScript (If you are a "poweruser")
-NEVER keep yourself logged into any web service
-Paid VPN
-DNSCrypt
-Unbound DNS caching
-Only connecting through hardware firewalled, randomly reset router
-Use a password manager instead of browser based password sync

I think earliest builds of windows 10 is quite precious. You just have to isolate your OS from MS servers every ways possible
>>
>>54338688
Use Tails when you browse your illegal content, problem solved.

That way you don't have to care about privacy while doing everything else on Windows - just install tail on a small partition.
>>
>>54339307
>-Use all the fucking anti microsoft spyware scripts you can
No it's enough to go trough group policy editor yourself and disable intrussive stuff yourself - the effect is absolutely the same - why mess 100 registries and fuck things up when you can just make a policy to block internet access to windows apps, to disable cortona, to disable telemetry and so on... the main ideea is get Enterprise windows 10 because it has group policy editor.

After that you don't really have to do much, except check all your privacy settings and disable them and finally make firewall rules / hosts block for telemetry IP's and other stuff - it's best to use hardware firewall for that.

Trust me I've been obsessed with the script 'n shit and windows 10 from release, and I came to the realization from checking so many source codes and writing my own that absolutely everything is contained within gorup policies and settings - all you have to do alongside 5 minutes of tweaking is adding the host blocks

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/disconnect-your-organization-from-microsoft

Follow this guide to use group policies to block all communication with Microsoft - then google what services you have to disable and stop, and the list of hosts.
>>
>>54339383
>disable telemetry
Not possible. It can only be set to basic.

>Link
Holy shit it's a big read. Thanks, will look into that
>>
>>54339307
I see!

>>54339383
I see!
>>
>>54339473
Yes man but you're half right,

Setting a value of 0 applies to enterprise, EDU, IoT and server devices only. Setting a value of 0 for other devices is equivalent to choosing a value of 1.

So if you try to put a setting of 0 on registry for non enterprise or other mentioned it's equivalent of 0 but in case of enteprrise 0 stays 0 which alongside stopping the stuff says it "A value of 0 will send minimal data to Microsoft. "

but the data sent is just MSRT and Defender which if you disable no longer send such data so 0 telemetry is possible...

Also use the hosts for telemetry and block then on third party firewall or router and you're 100% guaranteed to stop telemetry.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.