[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firefox : time to abandon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: Firefox-logo[1].png (816 KB, 2000x1917) Image search: [Google]
Firefox-logo[1].png
816 KB, 2000x1917
A man can only take so much. There hasn't been any 1 reason why I feel like switching browsers instead it's just 100 small reasons.

Fuck firefox we chromium now
>>
If someone built an addon that used CEF to render pages in Firefox, I'd be so happy. It'd be a nightmare to integrate, and I don't hate myself enough to do that, but if someone else did...
>>
Why can't we have native feeling browsers anymore? I swear Safari feels like the best browser ever but it's OSX.
>>
Firefox is the hill /g/ will die for

>victory has defeated you dirty juice
>>
>>54333997
I understand the people who want to switch away from Firefox. But I don't undersatnd why all these people switch to Chromium.

Isn't Chromium even worse as far as spyware etc. goes?
>>
>>54333997
the problems with firefox are not simply contained by the browser though
though they have eaten themselves from the inside out, and it is indeed no longer usable,
it's the pleebnet as a whole that is the real problem
and yes, it should be abandoned
w3m/lynxs and icecat when you need
>>
>>54334192
sssh, you're ruining the meme
>>
>>54334192
>spyware
where?
>>
For me it's the opposite. I dropped FF because I was having issues with HTML5 video playback, but every other tracker I try has a dozen little issues that trigger me hard, so I'm stuck with Firefox. I stream most of my videos through mpv anyway so whatever.
>>
Other browsers don't cater to my autism so I'll stick with it for now.
>>
Only reason I used ff was vimperator but I found out about qutebrowser so I'm going to switch to that once I set up the config file.

Only thing I don't like about it is that it uses the blink engine but whatever
>>
I use Chrome Canary because why the fuck not.
>>
Fuck Google

They Embraced Extended and Extinguished Firefox!!!
>>
>>54334458
same, you can tweak everything in firefox and I wouldn't know where/how to start with another browser

how long do you think e10s will be pushed back (im predicting 10 releases)
>>
What's your guys opinion about Iridium?
>>
>>54334557
who?
>>
>>54334557
If it actually is what it says it is (a Chromium fork that doesn't call back to Google) then it's great. Plus it's portable by default which is nice. I used it for a while.
>>
>>54334570
Modified Chromium to serve the purpose of privacy.
>>
>>54333997
Servo preview next month, expectations?
>>
File: 1461575577942.png (2 MB, 1681x3237) Image search: [Google]
1461575577942.png
2 MB, 1681x3237
>>
>>54334578
i used it for a while as well I had no problems - I think I removed it bcaue I couldn't disable some default things which were annoying and the tab system was dog shit - but then some people shilled here that it's shitty and that it sends that to some German organization and w/e explanations they gave.
>>
>>54334541

I'd say 4 or 5. Looking at the beta release's status gives me hope.
>>
whats chromium?
>>
>>54334625
Chrome source code that lacks some google implementations.
>>
File: 1455159152926.png (392 KB, 561x516) Image search: [Google]
1455159152926.png
392 KB, 561x516
>>54334587

Absolutely shit and disgusting outdated list.
>>
>>54334587
where does vivaldi go?
>>
>>54334625

Botnet browser which still spies on you
>>
>>54334587
fact
>>
>>54334662

The list is so old and outdated it doesn't even list Vivaldi
>>
Yeah ive been using firefox many year now, i try to convince myself that its shit because of the addons i have, but it really is getting shittier and slower every year, to the point that if i don't restart it constantly it makes me drop frames in games.
>>
>>54333997

>chrome doesn't support runescape java plugin
>>
>>54333997
I would use Chrome if it weren't just as shit
>>
>>54334587
Palemoon has never been placebo, but whatever.
>>
Is chromium less of a botnet than chrome?
>>
>>54333997
I switched to qutebrowser and never looked back OP
>>
As far as mobile browsers go Firefox is the only decent option with adblock. Every other browser either lags as fuck or doesnt have adblock.
>>
>>54334587
Firefox is the most advanced singlethreaded platform available, no other browser released a decade ago can match the latest version of Firefox. It is not just a browser, it doubles as a stress test for a single core, not sure if youre system is stable, run Firefox for a few minutes and find out.

>tl;dr
Firefox = GodTeir
>>
>>54334458
I'm with you there.
>>
Been using firefox since it came out, and ngl it's gotten pretty fat over the years. If I weren't such a shmuck for aesthetics, I'd probably switch to botnet canary or chromium. As it it, though, Firefox is still the king of customization. Sorta wish an nonshit-tier competitor would come along with focus on privacy and simplicity/nobloat.
>>
most people abandoned firefox long time ago. it's an hipster browser now, that only a few, loud fanboys care about
>>
>>54335327
That's fine by me. So long as they keep focusing on the privacy tweaks that you can use, I don't care how popular it is.
>>
It's like having to choose between chronic diarea or aids. Both suck only one is slightly worse. Chrome=botnet, Opera will be owned by the chinese soon, browsers like maxthon are already owned by the chinese and a lot of the open source alternatives have rendering problems. Firefox may suck but for me its the best browser at the moment.
>>
>>54335327
how is it abandoned if Ubuntu comes with it
>>
>>54335449
>sudo apt-get autoremove firefox* flashplugin-installer
>sudo apt-get install chromium-browser pepperflashplugin-nonfree
>>
>>54335501
Why would any sane person use chrom*?
>>
>>54335417
Isn't Opera basically a reskin of chrome now?
>>
>>54335534
>because it's the most commonly used browser
>it got a decent collection of extensions
>most websites are adapted for it
>you can tweak away all the google shit
>it preforms better than firefox (it just werks™)
>you need at lea
>>
>>54335644
>you need at least one normie browser installed
>>
>>54334662
>>54334714
Are you guys blind?
>>
>Rikaisama stopped working

Thanks for nothing, Mozilla.
>>
>>54334586
if it's as bad as it is now.. nothing
servo currently (as of 3 days ago) has nothing, you can go compile it yourself, it just takes a long fukcing time.. it's literally just the engine, no browser around it, barely runs any sites, can't run imgur, 4chan, anything really..
>>
Firefox started getting unreasonably slow for me. Even with addons/extensions disabled and one tab open, there would always be a ~two second delay whenever performing ANY action. Does anyone know what causes this? It only started last week, and I really don't want to make Chrome my permanent browser over this.
>>
>>54334662
In the trash.

>>54334714
yes it does, faggot.
that is the obviously updated one.. recently too by looking at it.
>>
>>54335048
>less
yes
similar to how USA spys on it's citizens less than other countries.
>>
>>54335706
sounds like a computer issue m8
mine's just as responsive as chromium
>>
>>54335759
Google Botnet and Internet Explorer both run as fast as day one, so must be Firefox? Are there any known compatibility issues with Nvidia drivers and Firefox 45?
>>
Anyone run Icecat? How does it compare to Firefox in daily use? Have the developers managed to cut down on resource usage?
>>
Would firefox have been saved if they switched to multiprocess earlier?
>>
>>54336088
It's the exact same with a branding patch and modified default preferences.
>>
Firefox had an add-on that used to let me open multiple links via left click using green rectangles but but the recent update killed it so no use actually staying ff since chrome loads faster
>>
>>54334587
>brave
mozilla shill detected
>>
What's wrong with Firefox? Disappointing to see people literally switch to a Google product from it, but I really don't understand, why?
>>
>>54336284

>but but the recent update killed it so no use actually staying ff since chrome loads faster

k
>>
>>54336460
they load it up with addons and wonder why it slows to a crawl
>>
>>54335013
It was always placebo in real daily usage.
I'm not talking about synthetic tests.
>>
>>54336810
the "pale-moon-placebo" meme was made up by butthurt firefox fanboys who considered moonchild (the pale moon dev) a furry thief, that stole code from firefox without asking & is trying to steal firefox's spotlight.
>>
>>54336727
It's the current year. We have 8-16GB+ RAM, fast quad cores and SSDs.

Is it too much to expect to be able to have a web browser with some tabs and a few useful add-ons without the whole thing slowing to a crawl?
>>
I abandon firefox after knowing someone compiles chromium with all codecs enabled, and without WebRTC and sync.
>>
>>54333997
I prefer FF over other browsers. Not perfect but suits me more than Chromium. Opera-dev has built in unlimited VPN though , pretty fun for shitposting on the go.
>>
File: ken leikkiin ryhyy.png (15 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
ken leikkiin ryhyy.png
15 KB, 150x150
>>54336896
it's not the browser, but the pages you browse
thank the faggot who think moar javascript and moving stuff makes a good web experiance web2.0 it's a lifestyle really.js+1.js+imagegallerydlbittorrent.js
>>
>>54336896
>Is it too much to expect to be able to have a web browser with some tabs and a few useful add-ons without the whole thing slowing to a crawl?

I do not understand this spicy meme. I have a few content blockers but that's about it. Everyone's always whinging about firefox crawling to a halt, but I've only had that happen with intensive experimental shit, like 3D browser games and that sort of thing.

But whenever I say this, I get "hurr how many monies dos jewlord mozilla pay u ??" spammed at me. Believe me, if I could sign up to get paid for apparently having the only functional install of firefox I would.
>>
File: sara3.png (14 KB, 64x96) Image search: [Google]
sara3.png
14 KB, 64x96
why can't more pages be like this one
https://www.stallman.org/
>>
File: 1443909577233.jpg (5 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1443909577233.jpg
5 KB, 160x160
>>54333997
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyAfjUHlFSM
>>
>>54334409
>where?
fullchin/tech/chrome.html

Remember to replace "fullchin" with the url for it. 4chan thinks any reference to fullchin is "spam". :-)
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.