[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you grow up in a tech literate household /g/? If not, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image_90.jpg (53 KB, 498x568) Image search: [Google]
image_90.jpg
53 KB, 498x568
Did you grow up in a tech literate household /g/?

If not, how did you learn how to into technology?
>>
no.
>>
>>54331591
I didn't grow up in a /tech/ household, I learned everything I know from being a virgin failure with no friends that ran to the internet after failing at life
>>
>>54331591
I learned this thing called "English".

It baffles me how people cannot work their way around some sort of technology while knowing the language the interface is in.
>>
>>54331591
no

We had a computer for some reason when I was 8. The internet was young and rife with amateur videos and bestiality. I spent most of my days perfecting my skill at simple action or puzzle flash games, and then my hobby for gamedev started.
>>
Yes and no.

Technology was available to me at an early age and the interest was there and my dad allowed me to do what I wanted and would listen to me and what I was doing and didn't think I was an idiot. My mom on the other hand was the typical "anon your video games ruined the computer and now it's all virus's etc" so while my dad was buying me the latest stuff my mom wasn't buying me shit and was trying her best to make sure I didn't use anything and putting me to bed and other dumb stuff.
>>
Yeah my family owned several computers and laptops in the early mid 90s for whatever reason. I remember playing that jigsaw puzzle on macintosh when I was like 2-3 years old. Probably my earliest memory.
>>
>>54331591
I was surrounded by technology from day one. In a way kind of lucky, I knew some kids that didn't have jack shit, maybe a Nintendo if they were lucky and it didn't get stolen due to the shitty neighborhood they lived in.
>>
Nope. Parents got my brother and I and computer though. They never really learned how to use it, only the basics much later.
>>
>>54331591
yeah my dad had an 80486. Had my first computer when I was 11 or 12
>>
Yup, /tech/ here.
Dad had a cheapass Sun workstation and SLIP line to the university.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-23_10-29-35.png (89 KB, 724x461) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-23_10-29-35.png
89 KB, 724x461
>>54331591
Family owned a Windows 95 PC when I was born
It got upgraded to 98 when I was 3 years old. I played video games on it everyday, Prince of Persia, a lot more.

I kept playing games like 6 hours a day for years until I was in 10th grade. Then we learned batch script, and VB6 and made cool stuff in it.
In 11th grade then I installed xubuntu and learned C programming, my current favorite language.

My father tried his best to keep our computer up to date but somewhere he lost the will and I am forced to use this. I am a 22 year old NEET so I don't have any money either
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.