[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This year is the year of the linux! I promise this time! kek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: file.png (13 KB, 600x277) Image search: [Google]
file.png
13 KB, 600x277
>This year is the year of the linux! I promise this time!

kek
>>
Now try this with the name of ANY popular distro, fucktard
>>
yes because people search for the kernel as apposed to actually searching different distribution flavors

hell android is built on top of the linux kernel running its stupid java emulator
>>
OH NO :(((
>>
>>
>>54331272
Rekt
>>
>>54331218
B T F O
>>
>>54331130
androids are linux
>>
File: linuxwindowsmac.png (106 KB, 888x885) Image search: [Google]
linuxwindowsmac.png
106 KB, 888x885
>>
>>54332517
>no peaks for linux.
>>
HAHAHAHAHA

You are living the years of Linux already, kiddo
>>
>>54332517
>windows
>search term

>linux
>search term

>os x
>operating system

Nice try.
>>
>>54331130
Two important things:

1. Linux is a kernel. The so called "Linux Desktop" is in fact the "GNU/Linux Desktop".

2. The free software movement doesn't aim for market share; the goal is simply freedom in computing.

All this "The year of the Linux Desktop" threads are complete failures.
>>
>>54331171
Linux is the OS
>>
>>54336220
>GNU/Linux Desktop
False, try again.
>>
Honestly that represents a change in demographics.
Think about it, if there are 100 people using google, and 60 of them use linux, then steve jobs releases the iPhone and now there are 10,000 people using google and 80 people using linux, what does that do to the interest over time?
>>
>>54331130
Since there's no Y-label I assume it is some kind of internal relative query frequency, so it only shows how the dumb normies took over the web and made this place a shithole.
>>
>>54336220
>2. The free software movement doesn't aim for market share;
You'd never know that from what people like you post on here.
But the statistics bear it out what with Linux at <2% and all.
The pie chart doesn't show anything below 2%.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-02_07-07-02.png (47 KB, 858x499) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-02_07-07-02.png
47 KB, 858x499
interesting
>>
>>54331130
Yeah the Internet has more non-savvy users now than before, nice understanding of stats you've got there fag.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.