[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Windows doesn't have a package manager What is your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: chocolatey.png (45 KB, 523x315) Image search: [Google]
chocolatey.png
45 KB, 523x315
>Windows doesn't have a package manager
What is your excuse, /g/?
>>
>>54330812
No UTF-8 support in Powershell
Powershell ISE isn't fully compatible with programs that run in Powershell
The filesystem is slow as fuck
Cygwin is even slower
>>
>>54330812
It does, it's called the Windows Store. And nobody uses it.
>>
File: ChocoSHIT.png (109 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ChocoSHIT.png
109 KB, 1366x768
>>54330812
Simply ebin.
Comeback when you can rank mirrors and update the whole system in less than a couple of hours
>>
>>54330903
R E K T
E
K
T

End of thread, wincuck
>>
>>54330903
Well if you can read, atleast its not that hard im right?
It says some packages may require admin rights and you are trying to install something without rightts. What did you expect?
>>
>>54330812
it's shit
>>
>>54330812
anything cli/shell-related on Windows is always shit, even Bash on Ubuntu on Windows
>>
>>54331236
If you also can read your bullcrap package manager things npp is already installed
>>
File: are_you_serious.png (15 KB, 568x568) Image search: [Google]
are_you_serious.png
15 KB, 568x568
>>54330812
>What is NuGet
>What is choco
Sure they're not exactly the greatest package managers but they get the job done...
>>
>>54331279
thinks*
>>
>>54330903
Adnan you need to start using a tripcode so I can filter you out.
>>
>>54331774
>M-May be I'll hide them and they'll go away

xD
It's easier to hide people in reddit if you are wondering :DDD
>>
>>54330903
>chromodo
>geekbuddy
>comodo internet security premium
>premium
kys
>>
>>54331820
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>54331827
>tfw I fell for the Antivirus meme
Kill me
>>
>>54330812
>the programdata meme
>shimgen generated shim
>cmd windows staying open while program runs
>not the slightest hint of where the files go, inconsistent across packages
>"only tested on 64bit "
>slow updates

Really, I appreciate the effort, even watched the presentation, but the package-maintaining community just doesnt cut it, my experience :
- Unison was of an older version, thus incompatible. So I downgraded Unison on my linux server just to find that the chocolatey package was compiled against an incompatible version of OCaml... This was nowhere in the package info afaik
- Pass4win did not work, as it somehow relied on some nonstandard git implementation, after ripping out the git stuff, some gpg4win version mismatch (pulled in as a dependency and installed in Program Files\GNU ffs) still prevented me from saving passwords
- No (zero) installation options are geven. This works on Linux because the general approach is install-then-configure. Windows ports are usually configure-then-install and leave way less possibilities to configure afterwards. Shit populates the shell menu without asking and then gives no setting to remove it
>>
>>54330903
Are you Adnan Pajeet Mustov?
Have you shat on the street today?
>>
b-b-but muh bash on winblows and apt and ubuntu
>>
>>54332700
Nice one rajesh. But you should be busy shilling windows at this very moment
>>
>>54330903
>comodo
>chromodo
>google crome
>vlc

>adnan

Naber. Kendini yok et, oç
>>
>>54332905
also forgot

>windows 10
>>
File: 1456205750415.jpg (84 KB, 1000x928) Image search: [Google]
1456205750415.jpg
84 KB, 1000x928
>>54332905
Stop stalking me, faggot. I'm not even a cute loli
>>
>>54330812
poor software support
installs to bad locations
horrible and requires ruby
>>
>>54330812

it´s called Windows 10 Store
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.