[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: firefox-dev-ed_logo-only_1024.png (98 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
firefox-dev-ed_logo-only_1024.png
98 KB, 256x256
Is it worth it?
>>
It's a meme you faggot
>>
>>54329842
Language , boy.
>>
>>54329628
what is it?
>>
>>54331619
Waterfox
>>
>>54331619
read the filename
>>
>>54329628
no, chromium is best developer browser
>can edit and save sass/less files
>supports css/js maps
>better UI and functionalities
>>
>>54331646
I did, but what is it? what does it do?

>>54331638
I want this to exist
>>
>>54331900
>I want this to exist
??????????
https://www.waterfoxproject.org/
>>
>>54331921
holy shit!

so it doesnt come in linux?...

Basically its like firefox but doesnt send telemetry data back, right?
>>
It's alright.
Outside of bundled developer tools, the biggest advantages I've found are the native dark theme, the ability to install unsigned addons without any hassle, and e10s that works pretty well at this point.
>>
>>54331957
Just a simple tar.gz file that you can grab from their site.
>>
OH FUCK!

I just got excited when I realized that there is more than just firefox that is usable, so I decided to try iceweasel. didnt realize that you couldnt run them at the same time. closed iceweasel when I realized that it looks like old as fuck firefox and tried firefox again, and the color scheme is all fucked up now. Im using the xfce-dusk theme, and suddenly firefox was white, not dark as it used to be. uninstalled weasel and it didnt fix it. uninstalled firefox, and it forced me to reinstall weasel to replace it.

HOW DO I GET IT BACK TO HOW IT WAS???
>>
File: ice.png (218 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
ice.png
218 KB, 1280x800
>>54332694
here is a pic of iceweasel, with correct desktop theme, but looks old and boxy, not quite as fluid as new firefox. Does run faster with less ram though. I think...
>>
>>54329628
I've been using it for a bit because I like the dev theme, but a few days ago an update caused it to become unusable.
It hangs and freezes all the time. Anyone else have this issue?
>>
File: fire.png (123 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
fire.png
123 KB, 1280x800
>>54332720
and here it is with firefox. Running a bit slow and hangs a bit compared to weasel. uses more ram as well. using the wrong color scheme. It should be dark like the other is. It wasnt like this before...

should I just recompile my OS? Iv found that that fixes stuff in the past, but it would take forever to re setup my keybindings...
>>
>>54332694
You don't. Enjoying your package manager experience yet? :^)
>>
>>54332913
not even using the package manager, did it all in terminal. Unfortunatly, because of that, I dont know exactly what changed...
>>
>>54332913
actually, I had to add a new repository to install iceweasel, do you think if I removed said repo it would fix it? if so, how do you do that? (will also ask google...)
>>
>>54332913
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>54332930
>>54332913
>>54332951

Ok, removed the repo, allowed me to remove firefox without installing iceweasel. Didnt fix it. but then, I didnt remove weasel at the same time...

I was joking when I said I could just recompile, but Im not anymore. Iv recompiled after accidentially updating libreoffice once. The updated version makes a white background with black letters, and the old version that mint 13 ships with has a black background with white letters like I wanted it if you use the xfce-dusk theme...
>>
>>54332720
Fucking hell fix your wm theme the title is almost unreadable.
>>
>>54331957
>Basically its like firefox but doesnt send telemetry data back, right?

You do realize you can turn this off in the options...
>>
>>54333240
thats not unreadable at all... Black on black would be unreadable.....
>>
>>54332694
>>54332930
>>54332951
>>54333141
Ladies and gentlemen, your typical Linux user.

Install a common program and don't need/want it anymore? Well then, burn it all down and rebuild. Do you have anything better to do? Didn't think so.
>>
>>54329628
If it has some functionality you desire which regular FF lacks, obviously.

I recall using it once to manually set/edit cookies without using a 3rd pary add on. It has uses, certainly.
>>
>>54331638
firefox dev version dumbfuck
>>
>>54333290
You can't turn it off. Just because you uncheck a box doesn't mean it's actually turned off.
>>
It comes with a dark theme of you are to retarded to get one your self
>>
>>54329628
Hello
>>
>>54329628
Yes I was a firefox user ever since it first showed up and just earlier in 2016 I moved on nightly, never before tried anything except stable versions - a fucking upgrade.

Since like 2011 Firefox stopped constantly crashing out, so since that was an ancient problem I decided to go with nightly because I wouldn't mind a restart considering the features and speed of nightly... and totally not disappointed 0 crashes until now, much faster and smoother browsing experience.
>>
>>54329978

Fuck you, you gaping dickhole.
>>
>>54332804
pls uninstall adblockplus and install ublock and disable it for 4chan and click the add and buy the stuff the add was advertising and call me a shill so that /g/ has a daily natural vibe
>>
>>54329628
What the fuck do you mean "is it worth it"?

All you need to do is to download it for free and spend some time with it to see if you like it
>>
Free Software is insecure, use chrome
>>
>>54332930
>not even using the package manager
there is where you fucked up
use the package manager except of the rare cases that you know exactly what you're doing
>>
>>54338864
You could have tried to just reset your profile.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.