[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toshiba Satellite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 203_200_.jpg (28 KB, 352x499) Image search: [Google]
203_200_.jpg
28 KB, 352x499
Anybody else here own a Toshiba Satellite?

Have you tried disassembling it to do a deep cleaning? How did it go?

Trying to maintain these things is fucking impossible.
>>
Satellite owner here, yep it's a pain in the ass trying to clean these laptops
>>
Yeah I just took off the bottom cover and the fan to take out the dust that was building up

Other than that I wouldn't really know what to take apart
>>
>>54327028
it sucks dick to take apart
>>
>>54327028

The cheapest way I've found to clean it is to take the screws out of the bottom, put them in a junk drawer full of other things that work reliably, then throw the rest of it away and buy another laptop.
>>
>>54327379
OP here

I've completed the "buy another laptop" step. Not ready to throw away the Toshiba yet though.
>>
>>54327519

Oh, well you'll need a screwdriver to complete step 1.
>>
>>54327028
>what you get for buying a consumer grade notebook (made to die after like one year, when the fan/ cooler gets dirty starts overheating/ throttling - dies) instead a business one (easy to repair/ hardware manual available/ 3yr warranty/ build to last).

Next time you know. However search youtube/ ifixit, maybe there is some hope.
>>
>>54327028
>Toshiba
Ya dun goofed.
>>
I had one two years ago. Doesn't survive falling down the stairs
>>
>>54327028
Watch out for thermal pads over the chipset, those things can rip easily when removing the heatsink. Especially if its been a few years since the machine was assembled.
>>
>>54327028
>>54327028
a505

it was shit. last time i got one screw left. fuck it.

i sold it, though. almost at a third of what it cost me.

>tfw i spend 1100 on a piece of shit
>>
>>54328329
>>54329063

It's been running almost constantly for around six years straight in warm dusty rooms. It has never been cleaned.

I will commend Toshiba for the durability of their hardware at least, considering I've treated this thing like absolute shit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.