[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got my first interview tomorrow in a tech company as a web dev.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: shit.jpg (45 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
45 KB, 500x750
Got my first interview tomorrow in a tech company as a web dev. any tips, /g/ ? Bit scared, but excited at the same time.
>>
>>54322005
Try and be a bit creative with your answers
Really push your portfolio
Look attentive and enthusiastic

that's all I did and got in easy
>>
>>54322005
What's your qualifications? Do you have a portfolio? What's on it?
>>
File: 1461984250689.gif (2 MB, 340x254) Image search: [Google]
1461984250689.gif
2 MB, 340x254
>>54322005
Just remember interviews are more about you fitting in socially with the company than skills. CV gets you the interview, social skills get you the job.

Best of luck OP.
>>
Inverse a binary tree
>>
>>54322005
Tell them you think dynamically typed languages are for fags, and that your favorite language is Haskell.
>>
>>54322055
nice dubs.

Well, I have a github account with some projects, got some of my personal projects to show what I have done in my spare time, when I wanted to make easier my life. got some projects to show what I helped my friends.

The job asks for basic PHP/CSS3/JS knowledge, know what's git, jira, laravel and other buzzwords. To be honest I'm interested if they write tests for their projects, their workflow, and so. To be honest I just want to know how professionals write their code (even if I code for more than 7 years as a hobby while I was studying)

I just want to make some systems, do some testing, and break some shit. that would be nice.

Programming is my hobby more than just a job.
>>
>>54322005
If you get asked an algorithm question and don't know how it should work, then ask the interviewer. You also don't necessarily need to to solve it, just show your thought process solving the problem.

some 90% of the people who send their CV thinking it is a lottery, they probably don't know what programming even is.
>>
>>54322172
>Programming is my hobby more than just a job.
Try not to get a job as a programmer then.
>>
>>54322190
I meant that it's my hobby, but why shouldn't I make money from my hobby.

Or I just didn't get ya.
>>
>>54322190
Not him but if programming isn't your hobby, you won't have a portfolio other than school project at the beginning.
This is my problem right now. I like programming, but not enough to do it over other hobbies, or maybe because I don't know any interesting thing to make
>>
>>54322210
He probably means doing it as a job will burn you out from doing it as a hobby. I find webdev programming fun, but it's not my hobby (gamdev is) which makes it a fun job.
>>
File: haha.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
>>54322005
>as a web dev
>>
>>54322230
>he fell for the "web dev is a meme" meme
>>
>>54322230
>le web dev is not real dev meme
cprintf("*m'tips le fedora*");
>>
Guys, what do you consider a good portfolio project? I'm already working as a programmer but I'm trying to create a decent portfolio for a time when I'll switch jobs.
>>
>>54322271
think of something that bugs you out sometimes, that feels slow, should be faster and so on.
if you can make it work better and faster, make it. It will be a good portfolio project.

as in, if it has a use, it's good enough.
>>
>>54322156
This
>>
>>54322005
If you're not black, Indian, or a woman you'll need to act gay or dress like a tranny to get the job
>>
>>54322005
smoke meth just before the interview so you look sharp and energetic.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.