[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post things you initially thought were memes, but aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1460828756836.png (2 MB, 1200x1131) Image search: [Google]
1460828756836.png
2 MB, 1200x1131
I'll start:

>OS X
Shit loads better than Windows for developing, if only because its virtual desktops are smoother, Unix tools, and Bash actually fucking works as intended on it.

>JS
Going through eloquentjavascript.net, and it is a lot more complicated than I thought. Even doing emulator programming in C with higher-order functions doesn't compare to the difficulty of JS object/function capabilities. Not quite SICP-tier, but definitely less meme-tier than I thought.

>Python
Incredibly expressive, allows me to construct anything I image. I can also extend it with C, although most data types I would extend it with are covered by libraries like numpy, it's nice to know it's flexible for creating anything I want quickly. Currently using it for my job, and it's fun as hell.
>>
>Cant tell if transitioned or just got nosejob
>>
>>54318902
S/he got both done
>>
>>54318932
I mean made the eight choice cause he looked like a girl before now he just looks like a cute girl
>>
>>54318948
>he looked like a girl before
I don't know what kinda country you live in where girls look like men
>>
>>54318997
Never said he looked like an attractive girl just a girl
>>
Android
Mechanical Keyboards
>>
>>54319035
Android is a meme though
>>
>>54318860
»Linux
Had never heard of it before until I built a computer a few years back changed the way I looked at computers.

»Android
Had an old Xperia play and it was the worst thing ever switched to iPhones but now switched because Android is more in line with the way I believe computers should be

»mechanical keyboards
I was using a friend's k70 and it felt amazing. Got my own and have never looked back since.

» mixza ocean series sd card
Thought they where nothing but cheap Chinese shit that would break in a week. I use it in my current phone and never have issue

>>54319122
Compared to what?
Mobile Windows or IOS.
>>
File: fixed.png (1 MB, 1200x1131) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
1 MB, 1200x1131
>>54318860
>>
>>54318860
>Shit loads better than Windows for developing, if only because its virtual desktops are smoother, Unix tools, and Bash actually fucking works as intended on it.

BULLSHIT SINCE WINDOWS 10 GOT UBUNTU AND BASH NATIVELY
>>
>>54320052
> bullshit
> got
> natively
> windows 10
>>
>>54320052
Bash is shit on Windows, barely feels native
>>
>>54318860
>bash works
OSX ships with bash 3.2 still
>>
Linux
SSDs
Fountain pens
Pistons 3
Thinkpads
>>
>>54318860
I used to think people liking traps was just a meme but now I've realised that you faggots were actually being sincere and now I'm a faggot too.
>>
>>54318948
>>54319010
>he
>>
>>54318860

From the introduction of eloquentjavascript:

> We’ve found two effective ways of bridging the communication gap between us, squishy biological organisms with a talent for social and spatial reasoning, and computers, unfeeling manipulators of meaningless data. The first is to appeal to our sense of the physical world and build interfaces that mimic that world and allow us to manipulate shapes on a screen with our fingers. This works very well for casual machine interaction.

> But we have not yet found a good way to use the point-and-click approach to communicate things to the computer that the designer of the interface did not anticipate. For open-ended interfaces, such as instructing the computer to perform arbitrary tasks, we’ve had more luck with an approach that makes use of our talent for language: teaching the machine a language.

This is actually an excellent overview of what the purpose of programming languages is nowadays, I'm pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>54320052

Microsoft should have come up with a codename for the ubuntu runtime on windows.

Let's say it would have been $name.

Now we could say "$name is an ancient african work that means 'I can't even install Ubuntu' "
>>
>>54318932

She is gorgeous no mattet what she's got between her legs.

9/10 would date.
>>
>>54318860
>Shit loads better than Windows for developing, if only because its virtual desktops are smoother, Unix tools, and Bash actually fucking works as intended on it.
Too bad pretty much all those tools are outdated and insecure and most developers install Macports/Homebrew to get updated versions.
>>
Thinkpads
Bit the bullet and got an X1 Carbon. I struggle to use any other laptop now.
>>
File: 1457161876108.png (460 KB, 730x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457161876108.png
460 KB, 730x1080
>>54319237
Laughed harder than I should have.
>>
>>54321789
still better than windows which has minimal potential for a good dev environment
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.