[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 10 Mobile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: windows-10-mobile-64.jpg (540 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-mobile-64.jpg
540 KB, 1200x800
So who here is using W10M? Thinking of going back to it, really enjoyed Windows Phone 8.1 back in the day.
>>
Nobody, Microsoft shill. NOBODY.

Shill thread, don't reply.
>>
>Shit design
>No apps
>Microsoft
>>
D O A
O
A
>>
Windows Phone died when you stopped paying people to care about it.
>>
>>54316277
Still running an M8 - Windows, and still using 8.1.

I'm using Verizon in burger land, so the 950/950XL aren't an option for me. Hoping the HP Elite X3 becomes viable.
>>
>>54316496
>HP Elite X3

Shiiit, that looks really slick. Looks like what I imagine the Surface Phone would be. Will keep watch.
>>
>>54316277
it would have made it if microsoft hadn't gave up on it, they literally pumped out a few devices and said ok lets just leave this and go work on windows 10.

the only reason i gave up on it is because they did.
>>
Unfortunately it's dead
>>
>>54316609
Such a slick phone and yet dogshit OS
>>
>>54316671
>>54316687
>>54316697

One of the secondary reasons I didn't pick up a 950/950XL.

I'm hoping for better things once Redstone drops, but we'll see.

There are technical reasons for breakage between WP7/WP8, though less (good) reasons for breakage between WP8/WP10.

WP7 was still Win7 Embedded highly modified. WP8 was/is Win8 kernel/HAL/core API's. WP10 is the completion of what WP8 started.

We'll see...
>>
>>54316277
I am currently under 8.1 and was thinking of buying the 550 or 650. 950 are flagships and too expensive.

I hate apple and android does not age well as an OS, I stumbled upon WP and was nicely surprised.
>>
I am, nigger. I was fucking done with Android even though Marshmallow is now on par with Windows Phone performancewise. Too bad you can't get rid of the fisher price look of it no matter how hard you tweak it.
And there's one thing in my case in particular: I am portuguese, if I set my phone to portuguese I will have to deal with play store full of brazillians because google and the play store is shit with Brazilian app recommendations and the fucking retarded huehue reviews (90% are them saying they will rate the app better after they finish downloading it, I'm not kidding). If I change to English the play store if full of pajeets and rajs.
Anyway, went back and I'm enjoying it so far. Inline reply works great, design is great, the camera is fucking amazing. Really looking forward for Redstone and sorry for the tl;dr,/g/ is filled with andronormies.
>>
>>54316277
I'm gonna get a 550. The 635 has a slightly faster processor, but less than half the RAM, so it's still an upgrade.
>>
>>54316277
My shitty, sub $150 Windows Phone was the best phone I ever owned. If it had Instagram, Snapchat, etc., I'd still be on board the WP train.

Wasn't there talk of WP10 being able to run APKs? Did that ever come about?
>>
>>54317211
> Talk of Andriod / WP cross compatibility
Yes. It was canceled. Some of the technology is in Windows (Ubuntu in Win10, for example).
>>
>>54317211
The project was abandoned last year.
>>
>>54316277
Its shit

t. 640 owner
>>
>>54317211
>instagram, snapchat
And because I don't give a shit about stuff like that, it is currently still the best option for me.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.