[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Devuan Jessie beta released
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
>The Devuan community has finally gotten a beta release out for testing. "Debian GNU+Linux [sic] is a fork of Debian without systemd, on its way to become much more than that. This Beta release marks an important milestone towards the sustainability and the continuation of Devuan as an universal base distribution."

http://lwn.net/Articles/685521/
>>
>>54313305
why did it take so long?
>>
File: medium.jpg (2 KB, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
2 KB, 64x64
>>54313305
Finally have a reason to open the torrent program again.
>>
The Register tried to make an article about it but the author is apparently ignorant of technology.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/04/29/systemd_free_debian_fork_devuan_reaches_beta/

>Versions for the Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi and AMD64 are on offer, making it something of a niche offering.

Apparently two extremely popular platforms make it a niche offering.
>>
>>54313590
>amd64
>niche
>>
systemd won. Unless someone somewhere create something better, the major distributions won't drop systemd.
>>
>>54313948
This may be, but the CHOICE of not having systemd is just fine. Give people the choice of not using it and let them shut the hell up about WAAAAA I DONT LIKE SYSTEMD. Good for you, you don't like systemd, so go use this distro that doesn't have it. Bye.
>>
forking is great because it creates a virual pond where losers can just jerk off and leave everyone else alone

systemd hate became the biggest meme of them all there have been much "worse" changes to linux before that nobody cared about. Go jack off in your private little pond, hilariously enough when you group these losers together in 4 months it will be something else and it will be forked again
>>
>>54313989
You have the choice of using sysvinit instead of systemd on Debian. It supports both.
>>
>>54313305
All the faggots above me that seems to not understand the deserved hate systemd get needs to go and kill yourselves. That's all.
>>
>>54314041
Learn how to use 4chan fagbait
>>
>>54314072
Here, you got your (You) now go and kill yourself
>>
>>54313305
it's hopeless
Systemd already fragmented the community beyond repair

Allowing this huge corporate high velocity code into GNU/Linux is the worst thing that could have happened to the community
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.