[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
computer build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1024513638.jpg (87 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1024513638.jpg
87 KB, 650x650
I need a computer that can run a minimum of 24 programs at the same time. No this is not a joke. My mother runs a small business. She has running at any time a travel program, 3 separate internet browsers with a minimum of 50 tabs each, pdf pro sommin or other, word and excell with 20 documents open minimum, and way too much more to talk about. No she is not flexible with closing these programs.

Im thinking an ssd, a 6 or 8 core processor, and 16 GB RAM. Beyond that im not too sure. Im thinking the ssd might be all i need though
>>
>>54309576
16 GB RAM ROFL
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
40 KB, 480x360
>>54309576
Might as well do this
>>
>>54309576
https://www.vessel.com/videos/ON1E8NyR4
>>
Try and ramp that ram up, you should really be looking at 32/64gb.
Raid a couple of ssds, and use an Xeon for some good threading performance.
>>
6 core, why?

just get a current-gen desktop i5 or i7, 32gb ram, and an 850 evo ssd. done.
>>
I would go with at least 25 parallel cores and at least 192 GB of RAM... that way she can run CFD simulations on the side as well
>>
>>54309986
iPad pro with cloud computation options?
>>
>>54309970
>>54309956
Think ill give these a shot
>>
>>54309576
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HgkQCJ

Here you go faggot. 24 CPU threads, 64 GB RAM, 212 EVOs, there's no possible way your Mother will encounter slowdown with this.

Needed a Video Card because the Xeons have none on-die.
>>
Her workflow sounds retarded. Do you live in a house full of rotting newspaper?
>>
Just get an ssd, xeon chip and 32gb of ram.

That's overkill but should allow it to last longer.
>>
>>54310166
OP stop all you need is 16gb there ppl are trolling you. Your build looks fine.
>>
>>54309956
This, you can get older Xeons for cheap, 10+ cores. Also 32-64 GB RAM, use old 1333 or 1600 sticks they're cheap.

I think a 2600K or something would do it as well, but if she uses Chrome you need the mentioned amount of RAM. The Xeon is a great deal.

Also get a PCIe SSD or 2 850 PROs RAID0, maybe overkill but it can help. For graphics get some GT610 or one depending on the screen(s).
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.