[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motherboards Asus ... which one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: _20151218102248_ROG_Descr_001.jpg (123 KB, 949x689) Image search: [Google]
_20151218102248_ROG_Descr_001.jpg
123 KB, 949x689
I want to buy a cool asus motherboard and I would like to know what is the best and why... What do you think about this models?

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO-ALPHA/

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/
>>
i have never owned an asus board that didn't shit the bed within two weeks.
>>
this has to be b8
you don't buy a motherboard that is "cool", you buy one with working resources

get a biostar z170gt7, great and useful features for the price. plus rainbow led's for your faggot rice
>>
>>54300017
Because you bought the shitter versions
I've had my z170 deluxe for months and it's a beast
>>
i have asus z170 maximus viii gene myself. love it.
>>
File: 1391549866569.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1391549866569.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
I'm proud of Asus for making so much money off off retarded people buying this shit.
>>
As far as I know the only tangible benefit of the Alpha is its just a refreshed Hero board with bluetooth, wifi and RGB?

Could be wrong but unless on-board Wifi and the extra light show is worth $100, stick with the Alpha.

Heil Hilter.
>>
>>54301728
Sorry, meant to say stick with the original Hero. It's still cold up here in Canada.
>>
>>54300963
No, as someone who works with various motherboards every week, ASUS models seem to have the most problems with RAM (DDR4 speeds above 2400), CPU (some work on other mobos but not the asus boards), and the odd ball peripherals. And don't forget how annoying it can be to get them to have stable OC's without going through at least 1 board extra.

BUT don't worry, I'm just wrong because people say so. I mean, they make the Rampage board guys.

Source: my job, eat my dick
>>
Well Ok Asus have a lot of troubles with the DDR4 upper than 2400. What is the best option?? Wht about Gigabyte ATX GA-Z170X?

I would like to consider the best option.
>>
>>54299630
I had the VIII Hero and it's now a paper weight. I was actually happy when it died because half the time it wouldn't boot with memory at XMP settings.
>>
>>54299630
MSI = thirty thousand hours
i hope i have at least 5 thousand hours more, it was one of the cheapest boards in the store and is running i7 for 5 years
>>
Whats a good board for virtualization? I know asus have fucked up tables for hardware passthrough but how about gigabyte?
>>
Asus has the lowest RMA rates, been using them for some 5 builds this year so far so good but for personal use I prefer gigabyte cause their VRMs are usually better.

http://www.hardware.fr/articles/944-2/cartes-meres.html
>>
File: cuck.jpg (3 MB, 3504x2336) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
3 MB, 3504x2336
>motherboards
>cool
>>
>best GAMING connectivity
>best GAMING networking
>best GAMING protection
Are they targeting underage b&?
>>
Man, don't remind me. I put down two ASUS boards due to bios flashing. The second one was my fault, I was using afudos and was forcing some modded BIOS there. What happened is that it slowly just fucking died. Would only show POST, no way to get to the bios or anything. Clearing CMOS did jack and shit.

I heard that if you had the same motherboard you could essentially flash that BIOS back but how the fuck would that process even work? Some sort of external tool?
>>
>>54305965
Possibly, but you should not care. The ASUS boards have better components which also last longer, plus enhanced onboard audio. If you're not willing to buy a 200 €+ sound card or external solution then it should be worth the investment. Except you use shitty Razer "gaming" gear or Beats.
>>
>>54299630
The Deluxe is the better-built board. More power phases, higher quality components... ugly as fucking sin though. Then again, so is the other one and 95% of other boards these days.
>>
Who for a X99?
ASUS?
MSI?
Gigabyte?

Any anons have any experience?
>>
>>54306234
Ay lmao suss
>>
>>54306249
But the worker anon says that it'll die?

Is it common practice to buy a GPU from the same manufacturer as your mobo?

So, assus x99 + assus gtx970? Any benenfit?
(less likely to fuck up on me?)
>>
>>54306234
Any of them. Avoid ASCock, EVGA and Biostar and you can't go wrong.

>>54306273
It makes no fucking difference.
>>
>>54306249
>>54306279
Righto, thanks anons.
>>
>>54306273
>buying a 970
good goy
>>
>>54306332
What would you recommend instead?
Living where I live I get jewed on pricing no matter what it is.
Badly.
>>
>>54306371
le AMDead Rebrandeon 390 meme card even though the 970 beats it when overclocking both cards.
>>
Intel is botnet. You should use an FX-8320 or other non-botnet AMD processors (most have their equilavent to Intel ME botnet, do your research).

>inb4 muh single-threaded Wintendo gaymez!
>>
>>54301810
Whatever you say armchair expert.
>>
>>54306400
Really I was only looking at the nvidia because of the supposed better linux support.
Not that I'd ever actually utilize this supposed ability.
It's just that I'm trying to build a dualboot win/lin system, and it seemed easier with the nvidia.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.