[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just found this in my process tree - an 'antivirusupdate.exe'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: latin virus wtf 1.jpg (164 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
latin virus wtf 1.jpg
164 KB, 1280x800
So I just found this in my process tree - an 'antivirusupdate.exe' with weird latin phrasing.

I found one yesterday, found nothing in MBAM that was wrong with it, deleted it, and now this one.

And when I click it to find the file, it disappears.

What's going on here?
>>
>>54295194
The last one was In the local temp folder.
>>
Have you ever heard of Google.com?

Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>54295228
Well there's not much to google. 'Latin phrases anti virus update'? I googled the latin, and it doesn't even come up, so it's probably bad latin.
>>
File: 1454222797973.png (494 KB, 495x984) Image search: [Google]
1454222797973.png
494 KB, 495x984
>>542951941
1.Rescue data
2.Delete all programs on all Partitions/Drives
3.Overwrite boot partition with clean image
4.???
5.Profit
>>
you don't really have to be a technician to see that it's a fucking virus. if you cant find where it's at and delete it idk just reinstall your system.
>>
>>54295406
Well, I presumed that anyway, but I took it you read my post and found that it disappears when you merely try to locate the file through the right click menu in Processes.

And MBAM turns up NOTHING.

What I want to know is, what sort of virus this is. I's scanning the temp folder know, where the last one was.
>>
>>54295194
I want /v/ to leave.
>>
>>54295461
N
S
A
[spoiler]
Y O U R F U C K E D
O
U
R
F
U
C

[/spoiler]
>>
>>54295405
what was that in reply to?
>>
>>54295482
be serious pls.

The NSA wouldn't make it that obvious.
>>
>>54295476
What does anything ITT have to do with /v/?
>>
"to this yet until those, in time".

I'm not sure that's grammatical or the intended meaning but whatever.
>>
>>54295484
a post on 4chan
>>
>>54295194
who needs av if you have common sense am i right
>>
According to Google it's a shady process that comes up under several different names such as CommonService.exe, SystemUpdate.exe and so on. Not much info about it other than that though, better just delete system32
>>
>>54295499
They were expecting exact same reaction, you know.
>>
>>54295194
Boot into secure mode and scan with
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool or ClamAV
>>
Try scanning with hitman pro
>>
>>54296211
Thanks.

Bit of a nub question, but how does one boot into secure mode?

>>54296204
Apart from the fact I'm trying to delete it.

>>54296028
True.
>>
>>54296283
Reboot the damn computer and press F8. It will display a menu.
>>
Try tronscript but make sure to read the documentation so that you can save time and skip the unnecessary steps
otherwise it takes hours
>>
>>54295476
>>>54295194 (OP)
>I want /v/ to leave.
> he forgot he was on /g/
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.