[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got and s7 edge never had an android phone before. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
Just got and s7 edge never had an android phone before. What are the must have apps for /g/.
>>
>>54242737
Antivirus and CClean
>>
>>54242737
>Edge
>EDGE

Why why why does this shit attract fucking normies?
>>
>>54242737
Mangablitz (have to side load it) for mango reading
Spotify
Crunchyroll (or just use the web browser and watch it for free on something like kissanime)

Honestly, pretty much whatever you would have on an iPhone.

Be sure to disable some apps if it came with bloatware (like AT&T shit or something)

Also, be sure to get the adblocker for Samsungs browser. Chrome for Android is ass, and doesn't have extensions.
>>
>>54242811
At least some innovation. Not everyone want shitty iphone
>>
you should install the botnet, oh wait its already preinstalled
>>
>>54242784

shut up meg.

just use whatever you want OP, shit is cash and doesnt matter.
>>
How can you justify paying so much instead of getting a 150$ phone that can do everything you do daily.
>>
>>54242784
which antivirus.
>>54242811
Do you think you should be the only one with and edge
>>54242827
ill look in to those friend
>>54242855
oh no my cp stash
>>54242859
ill look around
>>
>>54242737
How do you niggers don't accidentaly touch the screen when there's no bezels on this phone?

To me that edge thing does more damage than good.
>>
>>54242900
i got use to it pretty quick my guy
>>
>>54242737
ES file explorer
Poweramp
Nova Launcher and some icon pack you like
>>
>>54242737
What do you think of it so far? I got an S5 and I have an upgrade available, thinking of switching to S7 Edge. Is the Edge just a meme or is it any good?
>>
>>54242811
>normie
kill yourself, normalfag
>>
>>54242997
i like it the fact that its water proof is also neat.
>>
>>54242811
The coolest thing about Android is the fact that you can customize your phone as you want and not as many people do (by this I mean iPhone and iOS) so, ask yourself what you like
>>
>>54242737
First get rid of stupid touchwiz and whole samsung rom
>>
>>54243110
doesnt that void warranty
>>
>>54243110
What are good ROMs for the s7?
>>
>>54243146
Yes, however since you are able to flash custom rom, you can solve all software problems on your own and if anything else goes wrong there's still option to unroot and install back stock rom
>>
>>54242737
>Just got and s7 edge
Nice English retard.
>>
>>54242737
I like KeePass2
You can download a local app if you have a problem with keeping it online
Really handy if you have passwords that'd be a bitch to type out on a phone
>>
>>54243270
but i dont really have any issues so far
>>
su
>>
>>54242811
I'm in it for the bigger battery and screen. Though I might just wait for the Note 6 to avoid curves.
>>
Timely, Textra, Simplenote, Nova Launcher. The bigger issue is going through and disabling/deleting/hiding all the shit you'll never use.
>>
Root first, debloat, install busy box, enjoy!
>>
Is rooting and installing a custom ROM+kernel possible yet? Which ones are good?
>>
Xposed and Greenify
>>
>>54242737
The S7?

First off, get Good Lock on the Samsung Galaxy App store. Its only available there, its specific to Samsung devices. It changes your pull down, your lock screen, and your recent apps to be a whole lot better than stock touchwiz shit.

Then download Package Disabler Pro from the Google Play store, also a Samsung specific app.
You will be able to disable literally every single app or process on the phone. Yes, to the point you can soft brick it and have to factory reset.
It goes far beyond what stock lets you disable, and its the only way to do it without root.

But its really not that scary or hard, you arent going to brick it by turning off Carrier specific stuff like Verizon or Sprints bloatware, and you wont hurt it by turning off Samsung bloat. Just dont turn off processes you dont know what they do.

Then after you have set up your Good Lock, and you have blocked all the awful bloatware get Greenify and set up the aggressive Doze.

From there you may actually have a non laggy usable device with a usable battery life.
Then you can start looking at the other apps these Anons are talking about.
>>
>>54242955
ES File Explorer can be replaced with Amaze, which has less bloat.

>>54247865
Remember to enable packages before upgrading or else you'll run into problems.
>>
>touchwizz
>>54247865
>galaxy app store
cuck
>>
>>54242811
Better screen, bigger battery, edge gimmick is pretty useful.
>>
>>54248079
Also the water and dust proof, screen doesn't go crazy when a drop of liquid gets on the screen.
>>
>>54248035
Nice memes.

The app is an exclusive there, and it changes all the things the faggots who bitch about >touchwizz

You just block the app store after you download it
>>
>>54248128
>The app is an exclusive there
its on apkmirror nigger, just google it.
>>
>>54248182
>always getting an outdated app

It takes 2 seconds to unblock an app
>>
>s7 edge
>can't flash custom rom
>stuck with touchwiz

Ya dun goofed
>>
I'm with the canadian version, so which custom ROM/kernel is available for me?
>>
C25K, Stopwatch+Timer, a homescreen launcher+MIN, MangaRock, Clover, Whatsapp
>>
>>54245601
This. Especially Timely and Textra, I love these apps.
>>
>>54242737
>EDGE
Have fun trying to get a good screen protector
>>
>EDGE

no thanks I'll wait for the S7 3G
>>
>>54245212

>note 6 might have curves like 7edge and no normal option.

Why live?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.