[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a bit tired of trying browser randomly or according
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: serveimage.png (351 KB, 480x514) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
351 KB, 480x514
I'm a bit tired of trying browser randomly or according to whatever /g/ is shilling atm.

Unfortunately, i don't know enough about the web to make my own choice. Is there a comprehensive list somewhere with all pro and cons of modern web browsers and in depth explaination of their features ?
>>
Your options are Chromium, Firefox, a million flavors of Firefox with bloatware, default things (that are shit), and old things (that are unsupported).
And Firefox hasn't been good since 2013. Take your pick.
>>
>>54237129
Isn't chromium lacking flash player or something.
>>
>>54237147
Chromium was recently confirmed botnet.
>>
Chromium - More like Spyium, considering it was found it records your mic all the time

Variants of Chromium - aka Chromium

Firefox - on fast line to shit, wouldn't be surprised if they switched to Chromium in the future

And that's it
>>
>>54237147
What the fuck do you want flash for?
>>
>>54237231
Flash games!
>>
File: shrk.jpg (18 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
shrk.jpg
18 KB, 353x334
>>54237178
sauce?
>>
File: 1452721372903.jpg (20 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
1452721372903.jpg
20 KB, 381x380
>>54237249
>>
What would be a good Firefox fork then ?
>>
>>54236984
just use whatever you want and give your life up to the botnet

...or use seamonkey
>>
>>54237266
None. It used to be Palemoon, but the furry weeb developer gave up. Use stock Firefox.
>>
>>54237147
Flash is outdated, unused, and a major security risk.
But if it matters to you, just get an addon for Flash support.
>>
>>54237147
# pacman -S chromium-pepper-flash
>>
firefox-esr
qupzilla
surf is nice
>>
Your only real options are Firefox and Chrome, everything else is shit no matter what /g/ says.

If you want everything to be as fast as it can, go with Chrome. It does send a decent amount of data to Google, but it's almost all easily disabled and provides convenience (search suggestions, sync, etc.).
If you want that little extra bit of privacy, go with Firefox. I've found it to be significantly slower than Chrome in most occasions, but it's still perfectly fine if you want privacy over speed.
>>
>>54237289
Source? I'm using it right now, seems really good.
>>
>>54237289
he still works on it desu senpai

26.2.1 (2016-04-08)
>>
>>54237896
>>54237918
http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11529
>>
>>54236984
>i don't know enough about the web to make my own choice
THEN JUST USE WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU LIKE MOTHERFUCKER
FUCK

IS IT REALLY THAT HARD I MEAN SERIOUSLY
>>
Casual? Chrome
Not casual? Firefox

OS X?
Developer? Chrome
Not a developer? Safari
>>
>>54237147
It is also missing the DRM bits so no Netflix in Chromium.
>>
>>54237852

>anything google
>able to disable ANY sort of data transmission

O I AM LAFFIN
>>
>>54238471
http://chromium.woolyss.com/
>>
Big surprise: Firefox wins yet again.
>>
File: latest.png (247 KB, 460x353) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
247 KB, 460x353
>>54238535
>>
>>54238574
After you read the license it should be clear that Firefox is the only choice.
>>
>>54238462
Windows? Chrome because the OS is already a botnet so another botnet won't hurt.

OS X? Chrome because the OS is already a botnet so another botnet won't hurt.

Linux? Firefox because using Chrome defeats the purpose of using the freedom OS.
>>
>>54236984
>do you have an Apple device
>use Safari

>do you have Loonix/Winshit pc
>roll with Chrome or Firefox, depending on the addons/ui you want, beta versions if you care about having the newest features as fast as possible
>ignore autist who suggest the 241515th fork of some shit
>>
>>54238574
Is there an updated/fixed version of this?
>>
>>54238994
Good advice.
>>
OP here.
Thanks for all the answer.
Guess i'll stick to firefox then.
>>
>>54236984
Unfortunately there is not because no one is that autistic. Just research and try them all and draw your own conclusions.
>>
Iridium is pretty good.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.