[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kodi 16.1 has been released. Update now for bugfixes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: kodi-media-center-icon.png (7 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
kodi-media-center-icon.png
7 KB, 245x245
Fixes done in 16.1

• Never cache addons directories
• Fix typo when calculating forced ratio size
• AndroidStorageProvider: Ignore /mnt/runtime and don’t call Exists all the way every some 500 ms as this will affect performance
• Set of fixes for DirectX rendering
• Fixed crash under JSON-RPC on iOS/OSX
• 20% performance gain on opening EPG guide window
• Add missing libgif.so to the Android package
• Fix Kodi freezing if no ADSP add-on is present
• EventServer security fix by only allowing localhost
• Fix possible lockup when entering EPG grid
• Fix possible problems with rendering on Windows
• Fix possible non working key presses after a key long press
• Don’t do a video chapter skip if there’s only one chapter
• Fix possible lock up by increasing timeout to let screensavers properly exit
• Fix render capture (bookmark images) on certain hardware with DXVA on Windows
• Fix problem in ZeroConfBrowser that could cause problems on exit
• Fix crash one OSX 10.7 when trying to resolve HDD names
• Fix possible crashes when using VAAPI and DXVA video rendering
• Fix song reported on playback of songs from cuesheet

https://kodi.tv/kodi-16-1-jarvis-mark-xvi/

Just in time for Game of Thrones!
>>
>>54209365
Botnet service, no thanks.
>>
>>54209422
>open source
>botnet

Please die
>>
>>54209422
What you talkin bout Willis?

Still no fix for improperly detecting unwatched files. Literally been an issue since at least 12.x. I'm just going to fix it myself.
>>
>>54209439
>open source
That's the problem.

http://www.hotforsecurity.com/blog/kodi-media-center-vulnerability-exposes-users-to-man-in-the-middle-attacks-12065.html
>>
>>54209466
Open source also got it fixed
>>
>>54209455
good
>>
>>54209422
stop
>>
File: default_icon_512x512.png (1 MB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
default_icon_512x512.png
1 MB, 512x512
>>54209365
When do they finally use libmpv?
>>
I haven't used kodi in a hot second. Can you delete files off your harddrive inside the application? Would like to sort through some things and kodi would make it easier.
>>
>>54211669
There's an addon that will let you delete files.
>>
>>54211635
Not for a good while
>>
>>54211669
Why would you delete files from inside a video player?
>>
>>54212698
It can organize things in genre, year, so on, so on. Makes it easy finding things.
>>
>>54213016
Sounds like you need to organize better
>>
>>54211635
Years
>>
>not using mpv
>>
kodi-rbp on arch still not updated
>>
>>54219047
>arch
>>
>>54218706
There is not difference at all with the new kodi videoplayer.
>>
>>54218706
Furthermore mpv can't change monitor refresh rate by itself like the dummy orange cone.
>>
>>54212698
why would you not faggot

why does it sound strange that a convenience could be implemented inside a program to make the experience less troublesome and disrupting to the user?

some people in the linux world are so fucking lazy, or rather, too prompt to work around dumb shit and lazy non-implementation that they'll stare at you when you notice rhythmbox doesn't have a 'single track repeat' function because you can 'add a single file to a playlist' and achieve the same thing with the default repeat

which one is the more convenient and less disrupting to the user?
which one is the everpresent feature?

fucking dumbasses.
>>
>>54214428
looks like you need to blow your brains off you nosey little shit
>>
what do about the firestarter block on fire tv's

amazon being jews, blocked the alternative launcher and the ability to capture the button clicks, they literaly hardcoded the apk name firestarter, but further blocked local adb for button capturing it seems

i need this back
>>
I don't give a cap
>>
File: osmc.png (919 B, 135x135) Image search: [Google]
osmc.png
919 B, 135x135
>>54209365
>Kodi still relevant
>>
>>54221079
osmc uses kodi, dumbass
>>
File: spongebob.jpg (45 KB, 486x810) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.jpg
45 KB, 486x810
Can you play 3D Bluray iso as 3D now?
>>
>>54211763
>>54216742

Why would it take years?
>>
Just installed and had my friend help me get prime wire and added add on shortcuts to home screen . gotta figure best way for HD or where. nice stuff
>>
So what's the best Genesis replacement?
>>
>>54223626
Exodus
>>
>>54223626
super nintendo
>>
>>54221079
It's kodi with a skin.
>>
>>54221979
It would be pretty complex to get the GUI to render with libmpv, it would require substantial changes to everything, it would also be less cross platform than their own player currently is
>>
File: Capture.png (28 KB, 731x282) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
28 KB, 731x282
>>54220335
Literally not even in alpha, I can't even find if they're planning to support new features like color management, or external shaders
So far it seems more like refactoring the old DVDPlayer code, the changelog says that it's just refactoring
>>
>>54225282
Anyway, hollywood and streaming enterprises like netflix will force/are forcing authorities and government to create stupid laws to avoid video players like mpv or kodi.
>>
>>54224149
Cool. Too bad there's no library compatibility. Trakt is kind of meh.
>>
Can I play acestream links with kodi?
>>
>>54226382

fuck i wish they'd add this feature
>>
>>54211669

yes. right click on the video, manage, remove, i think. it'll ask if you want to remove the file from the library, then actually delete it from your hdd.
>>
>>54226382
You could with Plexus, I'm not sure if you still can though, the dev quit months ago but some people had forked it
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.