[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-razer-blade.jpg (99 KB, 600x416) Image search: [Google]
2016-razer-blade.jpg
99 KB, 600x416
thoughts?
>>
/sqt/
reminder to sage
>>
Edgy
>>
>>54206383
>16:10
So it's crap for work.

>shit battery life
So it's crap at being a laptop.

>the specs
So it's even crap for vidya.

>the price/weight
It's even crap for a chinese cartoons machine.

What's the point of this device, anon?
>>
>>54206893
>the specs
>the price/weight

can you find better specs in a smaller/lighter body?
>>
>>54206893
>So it's crap for work.
If it were actually 16:10 it'd be great for work. But it's not, so it isn't.
>>
>>54206940
The are pretty similar to almost any ultrabook, also you're missing the point.

The specs alone make it useless for something that requires actual power. The price/weight are downsides because there are much cheaper and lighter machines being able to do the only thing it's good for, watching movies.

The combination of relatively low weight and relatively high specs, doesn't offer you any benefits do the downsides like aspect ration and battery life.

>>54206965
My bad, meant to write "not 16:10".
>>
>>54207039
Wow I fucked up. I forgot the stealth existed and looks totally identical to what I posted.

OP pic is Blade 14" 2016 refresh, specs are i7 6700HQ, 970M 6GB, 3200x1800 IZGO panel, 16gb RAM.

.7" thick and 4.25lbs. Does anything else match it?
>>
>>54207039
>>54207076

I was pretty fuckin confused when you started talking about ultrabooks
>>
>>54206893
>>54206940
>Built-in 70Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
nope isn't that bad for a laptop, but shit compare to macbook.

>$2499
Get a desktop OP not worth it. 2499 can get u a great laptop + a good dekstop
>>
>>54207128
>70Wh
tru dat senpai. if better exists at around MBP size/weight, I'm all for it. Need something within 2-3 months though.

>$2499
$2K for base, upgradable storage.
>>
>>54207128
Also already have a 4K ready desktop, so no need on that front. Have $2.3K best buy fun bucks right now from a geek squad junkout so nothing else to buy.
>>
>>54207092
Well, you posted the picture of one. Razor Blade Stealth is a pretty decent for a gaymer laptop, which doesn't mean too much.

The performance/weight is better than MBP but the 59 dB fan noise is ... not very nice, and it reaches 50° on the outside... not very nice either.

If you really have to get a gaming laptop (it's a baaaaad idea), sure go for it. For everything else, it's pretty shitty.

>>54207128
From what I read, it doesn't even reach 4h with wifi browsing. That's not just worse than any macbook, it's just shit. Capacity alone doesn't say much, anon.
>>
>>54207259
Razer Blade 14*

The Stealth one is lame.
>>
>>54207259
Pic is not stealth.

http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-blade
>>
File: 1459116712527-b.jpg (194 KB, 960x946) Image search: [Google]
1459116712527-b.jpg
194 KB, 960x946
>>54206383
Another underpowered, over priced "ultrabook". 90% chance it throttles as soon as you do anything more taxing than facebook and YouTube with it. The price tag you pay is mainly for the Razer logo.

For reference, alienware makes a 13.3" laptop with i7 U series and a gtx960m for $1300. a 3200x1600 screen and comes with a large battery. Plus the thing is like 1.5" thick when closed. All of that for heat dissipation. How the hell does anyone expect this Razer piece of garbage to do any gaming without going Chernobyl is beyond me.
>>
>>54206893
You do know you're supposed to plug it into a GPU for games and use it for work on the go.
>>
>>54207288
I may be tired ... but they look so fucking similar.

http://www.cnet.com/products/razer-blade-stealth/

So, what is the thread about Blade 14" or Stealth?
>>
>>54207368
Not that anon but really? Are you fucking kidding me? Not only does the thing have zero reason to buy it as a mobile device, they expect you to use an egpu?
>>
>>54207368
How will an external GPU, that isn't even released yet, help with the mediocre CPU? (compared to desktops)

Also work on 16:9 is suboptimal and "on the go" will be a pain with 6h battery life with light use.
>>
>>54207372

Blade 14

Got way off the rails talking about the stealth.
>>
>>54207396
Yes an expensive case for the GPU at that.

I am thinking you really should just get an alienware at this point if you are getting memed into gaming lappys.

>>54207417
People who buy this wont be doing real work, maybe fooling around in university with their engineering software/photoshop and then probably moving on to workstations/failing out to actually get that shit done. But I do see ayy lmao users graduating and proceeding to develop in their work with the same gay men laptop.
>>
>>54207532
Well, Blade 14 is at least alright at what it does. It's probably the best sized gaming laptop you can get ... just pretty shit for everything else. Why not get an actually portable laptop and a normal desktop?
>>
I haven't found any retailers in Belgium. I just like the fact they're light, don't look like space ships, have great hardware (for a laptop), good screens etc.. If they were sold here I'd have already bought one.
>>
>>54207608

14", .7" thick and 4.25 lbs isn't actually portable?

I already have a 980, 6700K desktop, I'm strictly looking for the most powerful rMBP sized laptop I can get.
>>
>>54208127
It's a lot less portable than other laptops and the battery life is ass ... making it barely usable if you're not near a socket.

If you got a decent desktop already, why is a powerful laptop that important for you?
>>
>>54208216

Down time at work, visiting parents, hooking up to a TV for couch gaymen, namely being able to just keep the GPU enclosure and a few monitors and have a full desktop experience away from my desktop.

4-5 hours doesn't seem particularly bad, currently I'm used to about 7 on a chromebook running linux.

What do you recommend if I wanted something slightly less gaming oriented without sacrificing the build quality?
>>
>>54208324
Well, given the stuff you want to do and the battery life being not a huge issue for you ... it seems like a pretty good choice after all. Although I hope you're planning to use headphones with it, because going by reviews, the fans are annoying as fuck.

>I wanted something slightly less gaming oriented without sacrificing the build quality?
The build quality of all the $1000+ stuff is pretty solid more often than not, although finding something "slightly" less gaming orientated isn't that easy. The 13'3" Alienware got a slightly better battery life but it's pretty fat and got similar weight. Everything else that's noticeably lighter with 8+ h battery life is pretty useless for somehow tasking vidya.

Personally I'd get the rMBP, flawless build quality, 3.48 pounds, battery lasting an entire workday and usable for all the stuff you'd want to do sans gaming. It's just more of a laptop. Besides, specially if you wait for the Skylel refresh, it should be relatively okay if you're happy with older games or shitty low settings for new ones.

Though if gaming is a big deal for you, fuck it, go get dat Blade 14"
>>
>>54206383
>price
>stupid ass shit logo on the cover
>stupid ass font razer uses on every single keyboard. Looks like shit.

everything else could be fixed or isn't terrible.
>>
>>54206383
>>54208884
buy a real laptop and not a razer shit.
>>
>>54209052
It's too late for me I own a x220 and a pre-retina i5 macbook.
>>
>>54208778
>fans
Yeah, I wish they would send some review models out already so I can find out if they fixed the fucking fans or not on this refresh. But they claim to have improved cooling. If it's still as shit as on the 2015 Blade I'll probably just go for the ROG GL502VT but I don't want to wait, and it still kind of has that stealth bomber fucked a ferrari appearance that gaming laptops have.

Considered rMBP, just seems silly to pay the Apple premium since I'm gonna dual boot some linux distro + Windows for games, and that's probably just as likely to thermal throttle on games.

To be honest all I really want is an rMBP with slightly better graphics and cooling, and it's easy to see the similarity between that and the blade.
>>
>>54208884
>price
Not too much of an issue, using the rMBP as a reference point.
>shit logo
will probably cover that up, other than that it's a pretty visually appealing design though.
>shit font
they scrapped that on this model, otherwise you're right.
>>
>>54209142
good they fixed the keyboard font, honestly it's annoying. The logo it's awful, trying to do the same as the macbook logo that also looks like ass.
About the price you are probably right but it's a huge downer for everybody eyeing the thing.
I've read about the battery not being enough, but if it is a gaming laptop, 4~5 hours of battery life seems good enough, I don't believe any ROG laptop or similar can go that much, gaming or browsing.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.