[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This world is fucked up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11
File: Burr_Feinstein[1].jpg (33 KB, 620x393) Image search: [Google]
Burr_Feinstein[1].jpg
33 KB, 620x393
What the fuck is wrong with this world ? How can these people decide whether we have encryption or not
>>
>>54165307
>buttmad pedophile or terrorist scared to go to jail
>>
>>54165307
You must have something to hide.
>>
>>54165323
https://www.ted.com/talks/mikko_hypponen_how_the_nsa_betrayed_the_world_s_trust_time_to_act

because everyone who wants privacy is either a paedophile or a terrorist
>>
>>54165307
Uhh, the world has bigger problems than a couple of tech illiterate leeches deciding about tech related laws.
>>
>>54165323
Say goodbye to encrypted connection with your bank and password managers you mouth breathing fucktard with lump of cum got brains
>>
>>54165307

Encryption is a right granted to you by your creator and only protected by your public servants. Our founding fathers practiced an unbreakable encryption in their day and the constitution guarantees you the same through the second amendment.

An amendment, I will remind you, that is not for protecting yourself against not only foreign enemies; but against these people in OPs pic. You just need to remind them of that.
>>
>>54165345
>hey /g/uys i have nothing to hide
>here take my credit card information
>and also here is my login info to my email

Just leave m8
>>
>>54165323
What if that person is both a pedophile and a terrorist?
>>
I don't see the problem with banning the childkilling weapons-grade military automatic assault cop-killer crypto we have today.
>>
>implying they will be able to ban encryption
you know, your bank uses encryption, both internally and in their website, your wifi and cellphone signals are encrypted... good luck with that.
>>
>>54165415
( paedophile | terrorist ) it still meets the criteria
>>
>>54165307
Can't this people realize the algoritms are public anyone with a minimum inteligence and codin skills can keep doing it without bothering if it's ilegal or not.
>>
>>54165454
Yep anyone with minimum coding skills can hack something like RSA
>>
>>54165307
How is that Feinstein comes from California? Why do they elect her, California has most to lose in this.
>>
>>54165307
The world ended in 2008. Everybody died, and this is hell. A place where there is not a single bearable community on the entire internet, where memes become reality, where feelings trump reason.
>>
>>54165307
Protip, technically, it's impossible for any government to "ban" encryption. There's 0 reason to worry, as long as your data is encrypted with a secure algorithm AND salted, even God himself won't be able to access your data
>>
File: CgBiTX3WQAAcazA.jpg_large.jpg (42 KB, 550x552) Image search: [Google]
CgBiTX3WQAAcazA.jpg_large.jpg
42 KB, 550x552
>>54165345
You wouldn't fear if you woke up in the middle of the night and someone was staring through your window right? Or do you have something to hide?
>>
>>54165345
Yes I do, in fact I am a terrorist, a pedophile and rapist.
Now please proceed to tell me how will you enforce your "muh no encryption" laws?
>>
>>54165345
>Has done nothing significant to preserve
>Has nothing to hide

Miserable cuck spotted
>>
>>54165323
>>54165345
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
"Prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures and requires any warrant to be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause"
In America, this amendment is crucial - it was even in the bill of rights. The problem with what you're suggesting (although I'm sure you're just being faggy trolls) is that even when the government does not have a warrant, their agents will be able to abuse their power and look at your shit anyways. Just look at prism. They don't care if they have a warrant or not, they want ALL data.
The issue of "well bad guys can get in too" should NOT be the main counter argument to weakening encryption. I don't know who the fuck decided to shape the debate this way, but it's absolutely fucktarded. Those of us in the United States - one of the most free nations in the world - need encryption to keep the government at bay. That should be the main argument; not this "other actor" bullshit.
It's just like the second amendment does NOT exist so that you can defend your home or property against OTHER PEOPLE. It exists so that you can rise up against the government collectively (as a militia) to overthrow it, if it should become like Great Britain was to the colonies.

Why do people let these fucking morons guide the debate with irrelevant arguments? The entire point of our bill of rights is to protect us from oppression by the government and therefore SHOULD NOT BE COMPROMISED. THAT'S IT. END OF STORY. Stop letting this bullshit continue please.
>>
I like this, without encryption it will make it easier to prosecute thought crime
>>
>>54166444
> Stop letting this bullshit continue please.
If this would be in your or my power, this wouldn't be an issue. Problem is, that it is an issue of the people that don't care.
Face it. Consumerism > Caring what the Gov. does.
>>
>>54166458
I like this, without encryption it will make it easier to steal bank account info
>>
>>54166470
just make the goverment control the money, i like that trump is pushing for it
>>
If i misspell a bunch of words, would it be considered encrypted text?
>>
>>54166575
7h15 15 n07 3ncryp73d, 4ny c0d3 0r 3ncryp710n 5h4ll b3 1ll364l
>>
>>54165323
That's not the worry. The worry is le Russo/chinc-haczors will figure out the loopholes and break into everyones financial and credit accounts and steal errrthing. Legislators are stupid and short sighted when it comes to this stuff hence OPs stating of why are these people.
>>
>>54166444
What is the patriot act Alex.
>>
>>54165323
>>54165345
Hurr
>>
>>54165323
>>54165345
Ikr, why do people keep locking their doors and closing their curtains? Probably raping children and building bombs.
>>
File: bump.jpg (42 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
bump.jpg
42 KB, 350x197
>>54165307
Damn. You knocked it out of the park. Best /g/ post in a minute.
>>
>>54165307
One of my favorite quotes of all time.

To be governed is to be watched over, inspected, spied on, directed, legislated at, regulated, docketed, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, assessed, weighed, censored, ordered about, by men who have neither the right, nor the knowledge, nor the virtue. … To be governed is to be at every operation, at every transaction, noted, registered, enrolled, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under the pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be placed under contribution, trained, ransomed, exploited, monopolized, extorted, squeezed, mystified, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, despised, harassed, tracked, abused, clubbed, disarmed, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and, to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, outraged, dishonoured. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality.
>>
>>54165404
>He doesnt just use pre paid Visa cards
Woah looks like someone hates security
>>
>>54168754
that's not security though. that's privacy/anonymity.
>>
File: 1439483919917.png (104 KB, 704x468) Image search: [Google]
1439483919917.png
104 KB, 704x468
>>
>>54166444

>he fell for the 200-year old piece of paper meme

You also have an amendment granting literal retards the right to own and carry bazookas.

Your constitution is a joke.
>>
>>54169281
>not carry a bazooka every day
It's like you want to get raped by Tyrone.
>>
>>54169352
kek
>>
>>54169281
they got that amendment because it's right
not even joking
>>
>>54165323
i have legit reasons, i want nobody finding out I'm gay
>>
They are not trying to take your crypto. You can shout "from my cold dead hands", but we live in civil society and there are no unregulated rights in civil society. We are a safer society without crypto.
>>
>>54165415
Well, all terrorist, aka Muslims, are pedos, because it's in Muslim culture to dress up little boys as girls, and fuck them.

But, not all pedos are terrorist.
>>
>>54169500

Anon, you do realize that the purpose of the Constitution and the bill of rights was to ensure that certain rights would be completely unrestricted, right?
>>
>>54169500
what the fuck am i reading?
is this shitty jew shill ai posting or what?
>>
>>54165378
only civilian encryption is going bye bye
>no citizen needs 256-bit encryption
>>
>>54170809
You obviously don't know how encryption works in any way.
>>
>>54170651
>caring about that old document.
It was only idealism. Get with the times, we are talking about the safety of the public and its future. Children are the future.
>>
Fucking feinstein, just take her out back and fix her like america fixes dogs. Her anti gun and anti tech legislature shows nothing but her want to control everything like the insane bitch she is
>>
>>54170949
While I agree that the constitution is an outdated piece of shit ... abolishing privacy, would also lower the security of the children and the public.

>>54170998
>MUH GUNS
This ain't the 18th century anymore, anon. Giving every idiot a gun was a silly idea and Muricans proved that it doesn't work.
>>
>>54171112
Giving every idiot access to cryptography is a silly idea and San Bernadino proved that it doesn't work.
>>
>>54171112
>children need crypto to be safe.
the fuck?
>>
>>54165345
Yes and it's called privacy (and common decency ) so keep the government should keep there nose out of decent people's business
>>
>>54165307
Honestly fuck you America. If your founding fathers were alive today they would be appalled by the corruptness of your government and the docility of your population. You disgust me.
>>
>>54169462
Too bad homo. Enjoy your beheading/hanging/stoning.
>>
>>54171146
Why? They didn't have shit on their encrypted phone and destroyed the phones with shit on them.

Cryptography can make lives for criminals easier but only in the same way the Internet itself and cars do.

>>54171162
Children need privacy, adults need privacy. History has enough examples what happens if you shit on this right.
>>
>>54165307
Doesn't matter what they say, I'm using GPG no matter what.
>>
>>54171208
Privacy yes, but nothing that isn't accessible to Law Enforcement.
>>
>>54171232
If the Law Enforcement can access it, everybody else can too due the nature of it.

Besides, given the record of US agencies and police, they are the last people who should be entrusted with private data.
>>
>>54171257
Your arguments are sounding more and more like that those gun-nuts that say you can't regulate firearms.
>>
>>54165307
>How can these people decide whether we have encryption or not

They can't.

Unless they want the state to stop trading internationally, that is.

It is, entirely, unenforceable.
>>
>>54171286
Why? There is absolutely no need for a normal person to have a gun ... again, proved by historical examples for tons of countries. Also the danger of encryption is minimal compared to a device, literally made to kill.

With privacy there is no "only party X can access it", it's a binary question.
>>
File: well regulated militia.png (141 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
well regulated militia.png
141 KB, 460x276
>>54171286
That's ridiculous. Of course you can regulate firearms.
>>
>>54171334
And there's not reason why any normal person should be able to inhibit Law Enforcement from doing an investigation.
>>
>>54171361
A normal person isn't required to help them either. Giving up your privacy has higher implications than "not inhibiting investigation work"

>>54171355
So how many people get killed by guns in Norway? Even adjusted to population?
>>
>'murica
>land of the free
>>
>home of the """""""brave"""""""""
>>
>>54171462
>So how many people get killed by guns in Norway? Even adjusted to population?
What's the argument? Norway and the US are socioeconomically completely different countries.
>>
>>54171588
I think he's trying to make the point that you're dumb.
>>
>>54171588
The result would be the same with countries that are socioeconomically closer too; then /pol/ fags play the NIGGERS card.
>>
>>54166193
>How is that Feinstein comes from California?
She wants to ban scary guns, so retarded Californians have been electing her for eons. Daily reminder that California and New York are the two most cancerous parts of the country.
>>
>>54171658
Guns are one thing but encryption is like a lock . So maybe those shouldn't be for the general people. Either
>>
>>54172028
>encryption is like a lock
Oh, so I can bypass it with a bolt cutter.
>>
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>>
>>54172146
>Europoors spazzing out over proposed legislation
It won't pass. Idiots can propose anything they want. Feinstein loves to support ridiculous shit that never goes anywhere.
>>
>>54170809
>Password managers don't use encryption
Get a gun and shoot yourself you SJW pro nudist piece of shit
>>
>>54172619
NOBODY IS TAKING YOUR PRECIOUS CRYPTO YOU CRYPTO-NUT
>>
>>54172090
Like you can bypass any lock with a bold cutter (try you're bold cutter on a door lock without smacking it against the door )
>>
>Feinstein
>stein

Every fucking time
>>
>>54173181
/pol/ was right again
>>
>>54172028
They're actually the same thing. They're both rights that politicians swear to protect.
>>
>>54172666
Holy shit take a look at this mouth breathing pile of humanoid walking garbage with literal dogshit for brains. People call it "Password" for a good fucking valid reason you brain dead sack of shit. The passwords are fucking MEANT to be kept secret, not in a plain text, what the fucking shit are you doing in a tech board you fucking cumstain?
>>
>>54173900
The crazed ranting of a crypto-nut, everybody.
You really should have to have a psych eval before even getting the option to use cryptography.
>>
>>54173933
Go fuck back to kik and post your all passwords brain dead tub of shit
>>
>>54173999
If law enforcement Lawfully asked for my passwords I would provide them. We are a nation of laws.
>>
>>54165345
Said the nazi
>>
How are they going to enforce "no encryption" laws? "ok everybody,stand in line with your pc laptop tablet and let us check if you have an illegally encrypted device.
Seriously this has spastic written all over it.
>>
>>54174099
>Encrypting passwords is fighting law
If my government asks for it lawfully, I'd also give away the passcode, retard. It's not the government I'm hiding my passwords from.
>>
>>54174169
Fuck all governments. Socially excepted mafia organizations the lot of them. I bet if a cop asked you to suck he's cock "lawfully" you'd jump at the opportunity.
Fucking bitch. Law's are made to be broken, just ask your government,they do it daily.
>>
>>54165323
nice bait. but if america bans encryption the whole country's security will suffer. Most innovation in this area will move offshore and thus america will slowly fall behind in yet another field. whatever i don't give a fuck. good riddance imperialist scum.
>>
>>54170949
>It was only idealism. Get with the times
>current year meme
America is a product of philosophy. Our constitution is the heart of our country and the product of our "idealism". It is our very culture no matter what some dipshit commiefornian will try to deny and rewrite history around. Don't like it? Get the fuck out.

>>54174165
Politicians are too stupid to realize that they can't ban fucking math.
>>
>>54174466
>>54174514
I'd buy you two people beers until you dropped.
Thinkers, a rare commodity these days.
>>
>>54165387
>Everyone ignore the only reasonable and logical response

oh wait

>4chan
>>
>>54165307
>What the fuck is wrong with this world ? How can these people decide whether we have encryption or not
>MUH DEMOCRACY!

Intelligence does not win elections. Logic does not win elections. Good intentions do not win elections. Seemingly sociable people who secretly lust for power and have no problem lying and cheating...THAT'S what wins elections.

Hence the ignorant cunt and the arrogant cuckservative in your photo. In a rational world they wouldn't be fit to wash toilets.
>>
* Encryption is a well understood problem.

* Currently unbreakable (and in at least one case eternally unbreakable) formulas are published and easy to obtain by any interested party.

* Any decent coder can implement these algorithms.

* Therefore no law will be sufficient to prevent criminals from using strong, unbreakable encryption.

* Trying to pass such laws will only cause harm to law abiding citizens. It will not help the government at all. (Assuming, of course, that the government legitimately wants to stop bad guys and not just abuse power over its citizens.)
>>
>>54166193
All it takes to get elected in California is to have a D next to your name.
>>
>>54169281
Fuck off faggot.
>>
File: sage-badge-lickers.jpg (337 KB, 1972x892) Image search: [Google]
sage-badge-lickers.jpg
337 KB, 1972x892
>>54173933
wow, fuck off you statist crypto-jew
>>
>>54174871
If you outlaw encryption ony outlaws will have encryption.
And the government, of course.
And business.
But not you, outlaw.
>>
>>54166193
>democucks voting against their own financial interests
What else is new? The tech industry needs to get the fuck out and setup shop in some other state away from democrat rule.
>>
File: 1430101058279s.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1430101058279s.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>gobmint wanting to get rid of civilian encryption
>implying criminals use encryption
>implying the gobmint ever goes after cyber crime
>implying they have the power to take it
>implying the gobmint has any grip on reality when it comes to IT

despite there underling reasons to take away the rights of public for negative gain,

the reality is the law makers have no idea what there magical boxes do for the modern day economy, this incident should show us how retarded our government is, why pay for welfare for the hope of having more jobs when you can build roads bridges and dams to attract business to a much nicer environment, why would you constrict your roads of the internet when a good chunk of work and play is done on it, break up the cable mafia and fix the copyright law thats constricting content creators from adapting works into new forms of content.

so much shit needs to be revamped and evaluated and they dont even bother to update and keep current with the advanceing technology, the IT in the military from what i hear is arms tied broke and retarded. no wonder they hack us so easily the people above no nothing of what should be done and why
>>
I thought hackers were for the freedom of information? What's the big deal here?
>>
>>54176633
> they dont even bother to update and keep current with the advanceing technology, the IT in the military from what i hear is arms tied broke and retarded.
Anyone who's anything resembling competent in any field doesn't want to work for the government, because the bureaucracy is so stifling. The only people who work for the government are people who want a job where they can show up and do almost nothing and retire with a defined-benefit pension in 30 years.

The politicians at the top are, every single one of them, in it because they're narcissists and/or sociopaths. They want power and they'll do whatever they have to to get it, anyone who isn't willing to kiss arbitrary amounts of ass, stab arbitrary amounts of backs, etc never runs for elected office.

The whole system is very well optimized to exclude intelligent, reasonable people, because if any of those get in, they're a threat to the interests of the two types of parasites above.
>>
File: 1438449454185.jpg (265 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1438449454185.jpg
265 KB, 1920x1080
>>54177000
nice trips and dubs, chekem
>>54176633
cheked keked
---

>The whole system is very well optimized to exclude intelligent, reasonable people, because if any of those get in, they're a threat to the interests of the two types of parasites above.

funny how i see that in social groups everybody wants an even distribution and the ones who pull the most friends help are parasitic in some form or another,

the average american public is downright afraid of smart and level headed people tacking there job and thus the crab bucket mentality fuels the society at large.

good post
>>
File: 1460273970700.jpg (50 KB, 468x285) Image search: [Google]
1460273970700.jpg
50 KB, 468x285
>>54169281
I would have no problem with my neighbors owning an RPG-7 as long as they let me try it out just once on a range that would allow it.
I'd even pitch in for some of their ammunition costs.
>>
>>54176811
That you are a retard, newfriend
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.