[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you joined the revolution yet, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Have you joined the revolution yet, /g/?
>>
poorfag detected
>>
>>54133082
This thread again?
>>
>>54133082
Wouldn't this be a more appropriate thread for 2008?
>>
>>54133082
Congrats on your purchase, anon. Those are some quality phones. I used my friend's iPhone the other day and was impressed by the quality. It was strange to see the fingerprint sensor on the front rather than the back, like my Nexus 5X.
>>
>>54133082
>>
>>54133148
How is it strange when frontfacing fingerprint reader is literally the Industry standard, famalam?
>>
>>54133164
I don't know, holding the phone by the bottom edge to put my thumb on it feels pretty awkward. The sensor on the back is pretty clutch, desu senpai.
>>
>ip6
>not just a 5S with a bigger screen.
>>
>>54133227
Bigger screens are neat
>>
File: 1448607971481.jpg (7 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1448607971481.jpg
7 KB, 205x246
I just don't think I can go on like this anymore. I've read every piece of android literature, memorized android selling points, convinced friends and family to buy android, and even sent a letter of appreciation to Samsung and google. I am a complete #DroidMissile.

But the other day I finally left my house after being alone for years and met someone with an iphone. I told him his phone was shit. He then calmly asked me if I wanted to use it. I did. I was blown away by the screen quality. You couldn't see any pixels. The speed was so great. My God the revolutionary live photos blow anything android has out if the water.

I threw his phone on the ground as hard as I could , but it didn't break. I then ran away and locked myself in my house. I haven't left my house since and can't eat. Help be Droid bros.
>>
>>54133269
Stop being such an autist and ask him to hide the notification bar :^)
>>
>>54133082
No, I'm not LBGT so I don't fit in
>>
>>54133269
i never bought a smartphone above 200$ it's no wonder you get blown away by a flagship device.

try the Huawei Mate 8 or the Samsung S7 Edge.

Amoled is the actual way to go
>>
>>54133312
Literally nobody uses that feature.
>>
>>54133082
>revolution
>ImAFagPhone
What is the ratio of success of a revolution, OP? Do you even history? stop using Jewish marketing buzzwords to shill.
>>>/out/
>>
>>54133082
>not SE
It's like you want slower performance, lower battery life and and ugly camera bulge.
>>
>>54133082
you dont own a smartphone, Apple owns YOU!!!
>>
>can't directly access file system
>can't manage music without itunes
>>
>>54133414
Its like i dont want a shit screen
>>
>>54133892
Why would i want to?
>>
>>54133910
All the iPhone screens are pretty much identical, slightly better blacks are still no where OLED level.
>>
>>54133926
The sizes arent the same
>>
>>54133922
appledrones, everybody
>>
>>54133952
What's the point? 4'7 loses the real one handed use but isn't big enough for shit like vidya or chinese cartoons.
>>
File: image.png (169 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
169 KB, 750x1334
>>54133973
It really doesnt - and even if you feel that way, Reachability is a real feature
>>
>>54133999
>Reachability is a real feature
Which slows down your work flow, just as moving it slightly would do either way.
>>
>>54133963
No its a valid question, i have literally never said to myself "man i sure wish i could access my filesystem, for whatever reason could be necessary"
>>
>>54134018
Define "Work flow" im sure that half a second doesnt really matter to your text message
>>
>>54134095
That's like saying lag on Android doesn't really matter. It affects and slows down your entire experience.
>>
>>54134149
Lag and not being able to reach are two entirely different things
>>
>>54133145
It was not a revolution back then too m8.
>>
File: revolution.png (31 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
revolution.png
31 KB, 600x700
>>54133082
A long time ago, comrade.
>>
>>54133999
>40% af toppen ubrugeligt

din fucking skævbenet spasser perker, smut pomfrit
>>
you can make it faster by setting the date at 1st of january 1970.
>>
>>54133082
Lolz fuck off with your locked down toy phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Ace running CurryModROM, with Thunder kernel using Tapatalk.
>>
>>54134247
Ingen grund til at være mad
>>
>>54133338
I'm the same way but my limit is 300. Still using iPhone 5s
>>
>>54134287
Du kan satme selv være en karry ædene spastiker.
>>
>>54133269
gr8 pasta right there m8!
>>
>>54134219
russia should be eradicated off this planet with biological weaponry.
>>
>>54134028
I like to have the freedom to organize my folders and content to my liking instead of relying on the OS to put things in their place for me. Plus, if I don't like a certain app, I want to change instead of being stuck with Itunes or whatever.
>>
>>54134371
>muh freedumbs
>>
>>54134379
>I like it
>"no, you're not supposed to because it's wrong"

Muh contrarianism
>>
>>54134405
Because accessing the file system is pointless
>>
>>54134488

Go one week on Windows without using Windows Explorer, or on a Mac without Finder (or your favorite find browser on Linux). You're not allowed to use the terminal either.

Then tell me that managing files is pointless. Your smartphone is a personal computer in a handheld form factor. Treat it like one.
>>
>>54134550
>Your smartphone is a personal computer in a handheld form factor. Treat it like one.
That's pretty autistic, senpai. Both are completely different devices for completely different tasks.

I still got a Lagdroid and newer felt like accessing the file system. One could make a better argument about being forced to use iTunes though.
>>
>>54134550
Its not a personal computer though
>>
>>54134604
>I still got a Lagdroid and newer felt like accessing the file system.

I downloaded some wallpapers. They all ended up on the Downloads folder. I then copied them to my well kept folder Wallpapers inside my own custom folder hierarchy.

I made a couple of custom notification sounds. I put them in the appropriate folder I made myself.

I want to move my photos to my SD card in case my phone breaks irreparably. I copy everything with a finger hold and past inside my own folder system.

It goes on. This way I know where everything is and, if the shit hits the fan, it was my fault.
>>
>>54134659
Well ... I never did a single of this things, and bet tons of users didn't either.

I don't care enough about wallpapers/notification sounds to waste my time adjusting them, moving photos to SD card makes soooome sense but is also damn paranoid. Never had a piece of tech dying on me, so don't see too much point in doing it.

Same with other stuff normally done on a laptop/PC like downloading or working. It's just shit on a phone, file system or not.
>>
>>54134732
I don't work on a phone, but I like to keep things tidy. Priorities, I guess. Never even broke a phone in my life either, but you can never be too safe.
>>
>>54133335
It's LBGTQ+ fucking white male pig
>>
>>54134732
>tons of users didn't
So the tons of users that definitely didn't get samshit to put mSD card slots back to their phones

k
>>
>>54134732
>Well ... I never did a single of this things, and bet tons of users didn't either.

What I hear a lot is

>OMG!! It says I don't have space, what is happening!!

Then they uninstall apps they need to install bullshit app #54567 because they don't know they have 2GB of shitty photos on the phone instead of their 16GB card.
>>
>>54134857
Samshit sales of S6 weren't that bad given it had no micro SD. And it's probably more down to market saturation.

>>54134756
Never felt like it affected the tidiness either, music is in music folder, ebooks in a folder for them, etc, etc, with Lagdroid right now, with iOS I'd get the same without actually seeing the folder but the apps would access the shit just like before.

Though since I do a lot less tweaking so different user case with different priorities indeed.

As for safety, transferring the photos on PC/laptop as a backup always did the trick for me, and since I travel with muh laptop, it never was an issue, unless something happens on the way from shooting location to laptop. Just sounds damn unlikely.

>>54134899
Sounds like a pretty extreme scenario of user stupidity. Would a person like that even be able to deal with a file system?
>>
>>54135020
>Sounds like a pretty extreme scenario of user stupidity. Would a person like that even be able to deal with a file system?

That's your average user and they should, if they want to effectively use their smartphone. Or, you know, just buy an IPhone and get your shit randomly sent to the Cloud.
>>
>>54133312
>>54133338
>replying to him as if his story had any credence
>>
>>54135189
Nah ik it's bs
>>
>>54134604

Modern smartphones and tablets have web browsers, word processors, media players, and a shit load of other applications we're used to on desktops. At some point we have to realize that these are basically computers with a different form factor. At that point, we need to say "this is my computer, and I expect to have the same capabilities as I've had with my other computers." Android users have file browsers and sometimes have administrative permissions and access to the bootloader. A tablet running Cyanogenmod and paired with a Bluetooth keyboard is in some ways equivalent to a Linux laptop with more applications. By comparison, an iPad is a paperweight.
>>
>>54135237
Let's limit it to phones, shall we?

>web browsers, word processors, media players, and a shit load of other applications we're used to on desktops.
In completely different ways. While you might use your browser on your laptop for research, the nature of a phone, makes everything but leisure browsing highly inefficient. Even things like email are vastly inferior compared to a laptop with a normal screen size and at best good enough to receive them.

Media players are pretty agnostic to file systems. Word processors absolutely cancerous for everything sans short notes due screen size/keyboard.

>these are basically computers with a different form factor.
And the form factor shapes the entire user experience. I am not bringing my laptop on a trip to make pictures/listen to music, I wouldn't carry my desktop for a trip to edit 4K movies nor use my phone to tasks a laptop/desktop can do much better. Why would you?

Phones are nice web browsers/music players/cameras/ebook readers and phones on the run, nothing else noting more.
>>
>>54135237
>a browser, media player and word processor makes something a computer
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.